party kisses

cw// mature/sexual content.

Harry got his first job today, he was an artists assistant - something he'd always been dying to do. He was so excited when he told me, like a child showing their parents their A on a report card. I couldn't help but be ecstatic for him, it was a huge deal.

He left early this morning, around 8:30, and informed me he wouldn't be back until around 6pm. So, while he was away, I planned a surprise party to celebrate his big break!

I called up a few of his friends I knew, Will, Carter, and Maria. They were all childhood friends, and I had grown to know Will and Maria very well; almost as well as Harry.

Each of them brought special decorations, Carter even baked a cake for him. He loved baking: cookies, cupcakes, brownies, anything really.

"Okay, so we've got quite a few hours to set this thing up." I announce, setting all of the bags on the the counter. "Balloon duty?"

"I'll do it!" Maria says, shooting her hand up. We made special balloons that said "Congratulations, Harry!" with paint brushes on them.

"Streamer duty?" I say, holding up the bag of streamers and double sided tape.

"I'll do that." Will says, taking the bag.

"I'll make the food!" Carter exclaims, smiling at me before heading to the kitchen. I nod and smile.

I grab the bags, getting a teal table cover out and taking it to the table. I get the tape out, covering the table and taping down the corners.

After we had the party all set, it was around 5:45pm and we were expecting Harry at any time. Balloons decorated the living room and we had tons of feed and even a bit of alcohol. It was a party I was proud of, considering I'd never really planned a party.

We turned off all of the lights, hiding behind the big pieces of furniture and waiting for him to come inside. We heard the key jiggling in the lock, and soon enough, the door swung open. He flicked the light on, looking confused.

Instantaneously, we all jumped up and shouted "surprise!". A huge smile then spread on his beautiful face, his keys being set down on the table before shutting the door.

"What's this for?" he questions, hugging us one by one.

"I wanted to celebrate you getting your dream job!" I smile brightly, buzzing like a child.

He finally gets to me, sweeping me off my feet and twirling me around - planting multiple kisses all over my face. He kisses me softly, setting me down on the ground where I have to get on my toes to reach him.

"You're the best." he mumbles against my mouth, pulling away slowly and kissing my nose.

"I know." I whisper, smiling at him.

"Let's get this party started, shall we?" Will smiles, holding up bottles of vodka. Harry laughs, shaking his head.

"We need to cut the cake first, Will." I point out, getting the cake knife.

I cut a piece for each of us, sitting down at the counter. Harry takes a seat beside me, kissing my temple softly. "Thank you, Ana." he whispers. I smile, nodding.

We ate our cake, playing loud music over the Bluetooth speakers. We danced like crazy, and got a little drunk, and eventually everyone was tired.

"I had a blast." Maria says, rubbing her tired eyes and hugging us both. "Congratulations, Styles."

"Thank you, Maria." he says, hugging her back.

"Goodbye, friends." Will says from the door, doing a pageant wave. We all laugh. He was still a bit drunk, so we went ahead and called a cab.