ice skating

I sat in bed all night, watching him sleep peacefully. He was absolutely stunning, hair fanned over his soft face, stubble scattering over his soft cheeks and neck. His mouth was slightly parted, air being sucked in and blown out smoothly and quietly. His face would twitch sometimes, and he would sometimes mumble something inaudible. His bare chest was the only thing showing, all of his tattoos painted across his tan skin in an intricate manner. He was a work of art.

I couldn't help staring at him all night, and it was soon 6am and I still hadn't slept. I couldn't stop thinking about how he felt, his smooth skin and his velvet lips. I couldn't stop thinking about how gentle he had been - every touch gliding down my stomach slowly and softly. Every movement was so gentle, it had me practically begging for more.

He stirred in his sleep slightly after I had gotten up, grabbing at the empty space in the bed. I watched him for a moment, shaking my head before putting on his t-shirt and walking to the bathroom. I had to be at the doctor today for another check up. It was agonizing.

After I got my shower, I got dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a large tee. One of Harry's, I might add.

"Where you going?" he asks, suddenly appearing in the door frame.

"Just gonna go grocery shopping, no biggie." I answer quickly, looking at him with a small smile on my face. I felt terrible for lying, but I didn't want to worry him.

"Alright..." he says, still sounding quite concerned. "I'll see you soon, then." 

"I'll see you soon." I confirm, walking out of the house and getting in the car.

I pulled up to the rather familiar doctors office, a very popular one here. I hesitantly got out of the car, flattening down my dress and walking inside.

I sign in with the receptionist, sitting down in the waiting room. Around me were a few young women, a young man across from me, an old couple, and children. Magazines were scattered over one of the tables in the center of the room, most of them child friendly.

I sat for nearly twenty minutes before they called me back. I followed the nurse to a small room in the back of the hall, sitting down on the exam bed.

"How are you feeling, Ms. Carter?" the lady asks me, checking my blood pressure and the sorts.

"I'm feeling fine, I suppose." I shrug. I didn't really feel sick, my breathing had been slightly better. So I guess it was really just asthma, nothing to worry about.

"The doctor will be with you in a moment, don't worry." she smiles kindly, walking out of the room.

I observed my surroundings, posters of the human anatomy plastered on every wall. Cotton balls, Popsicle sticks, stethoscopes. It was stocked with Doctor supplies. There were a few colorings on the wall, assumably done by children.

I waited patiently for Dr. Arnold, swinging my legs back and forth. He finally appears in the doorway, smiling cheerfully at me.

"Good morning, Ms. Carter." he exclaims.

"Good morning." I return half-heartedly.

He looks at me with pouty eyes, getting my charts off of the counter.

"Just a checkup, but we're going to run an MRI." he tells me, closing the charts. "They stuck you with an intern so I wanna make sure everything is running smoothly." he says. "We're also going to take a blood test, and you'll get that back in a few weeks."

"Okay."

After my doctors appointment, I made a quick run to the store to grab a few things. I didn't want Harry to catch on to my fibbing; it would make me look bad.