airplane naps

It's five in the morning, way too early to be up if you ask me. Harry insisted on it though, considering we needed to do a few things before the plane was scheduled to leave at seven thirty. I was heavily exhausted, barely functioning.

"Harry, it is too early to be awake." I tell him, setting the timer on Salem's automatic feeder. He only laughs. He's been awake for an hour already.

"We need to take Harmony to boarding, finish packing, and get breakfast. We have to have time for that, Angel." he tells me, packing his last minute essentials into his carry on.

"You have a point." I grumble. "As always."

"Of course." he winks, kissing my forehead. "Finish packing."

I grab my carry on from under the bed, packing all of my sundries and running my fingers through my hair. I make sure I'm not missing anything, checking items off of my mental checklist.

"Alright, let's head out!" Harry says very giddily - he's way too happy to be awake this early.

"Harmony." I call, hearing the familiar clacking of her nails against the hardwood as she runs to me. I hook the leash onto her collar, walking her out to the car with my suitcase in my opposite hand.

"Up." I instruct, popping the trunk open and patting the large empty space. She hops right in, sitting down and barking at me. "Good girl." I pet her head.

Harry comes up behind me, grabbing my bags and packing them into the backseat. He pets Harmony's head, getting into the car and starting it up.

"You're going to love the stay at your luxurious hotel, Ms. Harmony." he jokes, shutting the door as she barks in response.

"Don't lie to her, Harry." I whisper, buckling in and turning the radio on.

"How do you know I'm lying? She might love it."

After dropping Harmony off at boarding, me and Harry drove to the cafe. We sat in our usual booth, ordered our usual food, and chatted with the usual people.

"I'm going to take the longest nap in the world once we're on the plane." I tell him, laying my head onto the cold table top.

"I'm not surprised. You look like a zombie." he teases, winking at me.

"Screw you. You're the reason." I flick him off, closing my eyes and huffing.

He takes my hand gently, kissing it softly before locking our hands together comfortably.

"I'm sorry, Angel." he whispers.

"It's all good." I whisper back. "Only wake me up for food and water, that's it."

"Of course."

The food comes quicker than usual, and we both scarf it down like the pigs we are. It wakes me up slightly, still leaving me with a tired feeling in my eyes.

"It's six forty, we should head out." Harry tells me, paying the bill and helping me out of the booth.

"We're not going to be late, Harry." I respond tiredly, leaning my head against his shoulder as we walk back out to the car.

"You don't know that. The lines could be terribly long."

"Good job, you just jinxed us." I grumble, getting in the car and buckling up.

After a ten minute drive, we finally pull up to the airport. A parking spot is easily found, but Harry is still convinced the lines are going to be agonizingly long.

We grab our luggage, walking inside. To his surprise, the lines aren't long at all. We take our luggage to the drop off, keeping our carry ons with us, and go through security rather quickly.

"Have everything you need?" he asks me right before we're boarding the plane.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure." I nod, holding my carry on.

"Alright, let's go." he says, handing our tickets to the woman and leading me to our seats.

I sit in the window seat, putting my neck pillow on and leaning my chair slightly back.

"Need anything?" Harry asks me, putting our bags in the over head compartment.

"Just a nap." I reply, closing my eyes.

"Alright." he whispers, sitting beside me and buckling us both up. I forgot about that.

After twenty minutes, everyone is boarded up and we finally take off. And I can finally take my nap.