2 | Sex, Drugs and Alcohol

After the events of last week, Michael was more than happy to get life back to normal. It wasn't easy adjusting back; considering the fact they almost died twice within one day. Still when he closes his eyes he has flashes of the gun the mysterious masked men held up at them, and Silas's guns cold barrel scraping along his collarbone. It wasn't an abnormal thing for him to be around guns. Every Saturday after he finishes his homework he's down at a gun range—shooting, but having one aiming at your face is a feeling no one should ever have.

He tapped the top of the cash register singing along to the song that was playing. Michael took a second to fix his hat and adjusted his apron that read 'The Village Cafe'. He looked around at the semi-packed place and picked up his washcloth and wiped down the counters. It was his first day there so with the little free time he had in between customers he had to find something to do.

His mind shifted to what had happened shortly after they dragged Wes out of the hospital. In fact, nothing much happened. The fire department showed up but Wes, Michael, and Kay were long gone by then. Wes insisted Michael drove him home and that's what he did. Still, he wondered if he would've pressed charges for hitting him down.

Since that day Kay and Michael still wonder what they went through and mostly wonder who Wes was. The police was never called and they wondered what happened when they found Silas's body?

His phone rang causing him to lose his train of thought. He looked around and didn't see anyone on the line. He pulled it out and answered it. "Hey mom"

"Hey honey" She spoke back "How's work?"

"Slow" he answered, "What are you doing?"

"I'm just having tea"

Michael could picture it. He could see her sitting in the kitchen nook with the tea in front of her. The window slightly opened letting in some fresh air as the sunlight hit her face. He smiled at the thought of it, remembering being with her when he was younger every Sunday morning in the same spot. They'd watch cartoons as they sipped their tea and ate their breakfast.

"How've you been?" She asked him

"I've been better but I'll be fine"

"Whatever it is you'll be okay, you always pull through. You've never been one to quit"

Michael smiled "Thanks ma. How've you been?"

"Same as always, book club is heating up"

"What does that even mean?" Michael

chuckled "Are you guys reading fifty shades of grey?"

"Don't be silly. We read that last year"

Michael stayed quiet and listened as she went on about the drama with some lady named Bertha who apparently didn't want to read Hamlet with them. His mind drifted off and he looked out the giant window of the coffee shop. His eyes followed a certain man as he walked towards the entrance.

The door swung open and in walked a familiar face. "Wes?" Michael asked. "Mom Sorry, but I'll call you later I have a customer" They said goodbye and hung up.

Wes smiled at Michael and walked up to the cash register. 'His smile' Michael thought 'such a beautiful smile'

"What would you like?" He asked as Wes walked up to the register "How have you been?" He quickly interrupted Wes before he spoke: "Does everything still hurt?"