14 | Metropolitan

Michael sat still on the moist grass. It had just finished raining in LA, He plucked each green grass out from the ground and shuttered at the tears that fell from his face. He chopped the grass into smaller pieces in his hand and dropped it in the dirt. He wiped the tears away looking at the statue. "I wish you were here, mom" He rubbed the engravings on the marble slab. "I'll find him. He can't get away with what he did, I'll kill him, I promise. I know you wouldn't want me too but he took me away from you" He sighed sadly "I can't live with myself knowing he's out there, knowing Kronos is living freely doing whatever he's doing and hurting people in the process"

He felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned around to see Wes. "Hey" Wes said softly

Michael comforted his grip and smiled at him. Wes kneeled down next to him and wiped his tear away. Michael rubbed Wes's cheek in the palm of his hand and looked at his glowing skin in the sunlight. His deep eyes looked lighter because of the golden light that reflected into it. His soft smile was bright and white. His lip looked pink and soft.

"He's here" Wes said into his ear.

"Syler?" Michael asked

"Yeah, and he wants us at the motel"

"This week we had off was very normal" He pointed out "I loved it, it was a small sliver of peace. No one was after us, no mission. Nothing, just training on top of training."

"I loved it too" Wes agreed "Kay is getting to be an amazing fighter"

"I know right, after I saw her kick that guys ass I'm convinced she could take you down" Michael giggled.

"Okay don't get crazy, I can kick her ass and your ass any day!" Wes poked his chest.

Michael lunged pinning Wes down to the ground "You sure?" He smiled cheekly at him.

"Point made" Wes laughed

Michael bent down kissing Wes sofly. Wes's hand moved down Michael's back causing him to shiver. He pulled away "You called me babe"

"Yes I did"

"Jaden and Kay noticed"

"Yes they did"

"What does that mean?" Michael asked him

"We'll have to figure it out" Wes smiled at him. "But I'm happy with the way we're going"

"I am too" Michael smiled

"Before we go, I hate to be a buzz kill but . . ." Wes pulled out a small metal tube.

"What is that?" Michael asked as Wes shoved the micro small piece of iron into a large metal tube. "It's a tracker"

He looked over to Michael and held up the metal ready to inject it "A tracker? Like what Syler gave you?"

He looked at him "sort of"

"How is it any different?" Michael asked

He pressed the metal against Michael arm and injected the tracer in. He sucked in the pain, not letting out a squeal from the sudden rushing and deepening pain. He sighed.

"It's not for Syler to keep a track of you"

"So you'll watch my every move?" Michael asked

"No, just incase"

"Incase what?"

"Something bad happens. I've been kidnapped, Jaden has been kidnapped, Caleb was kidnapped. We can never know"

Michael stood up and pulled Wes up. He grabbed Wes by the waist and moved him closer, looking him in the eyes. Michael moved in closer to his lips, so close he could feel his unsteady breaths on my cheek. "I've told you, I can take care of myself"