18 | Beverly Hills

Wes rushed outside to where the car was. They had hopped Michael and Caleb were already gone. Kay, Wes and Jaden turned the corner and rushed into the backyard. To everyone's shock Caleb was on the ground. He was beaten up and Michael was nowhere to be seen. Kay rushed up to him and lifted his head off the floor onto her lap.

She brushed his face and he slowly got up, he sat up and started looking around, unsure of where he was. The rain was still pouring and the car sat there. Wes rushed up to it and looked in the driver seat. He saw the shattered window.

"Where's Michael?" Kay asked breaking the silence

"I-- I don't know" he stuttered "last time I saw him . . ." he rubbed his forehead "he was being dragged away from me"

They all stood in silence, Wes on the verge of tears but the rain hid his watery eyes. His phone rang and he pulled it out quickly and answered it.

"What?"

"Linden has him" the familiar and deep voice spoke

"Kronos?" He asked "We already know that, where is he?"

"You're the one that put a tracker in him, you tell me" The phone blanked and the call was lost.

Without a beat Wes rushed back into the building and everyone followed in after him.

Michael's eyes struggled to open, his hands were cuffed to the chair he sat in. He squinted looking up at the light that hung from the ceiling. He looked in front of him and a shadow could be seen moving around the room. He looked over to his arm, there was a gash in it, blood slowly dropped from the hole.

"Let me go" He managed to whisper angrily.

The man moved into the light, exposing Linden.

"What the hell?" He asked "I thought we had an agreement"

"We only had that agreement when I was getting all that drugs from you" he held his hands behind his back "but now I don't need Caleb, I need you"

"Me?" Michael asked "what for?"

"We need what you have"

"What?" Michael stopped himself from finishing the sentence because he knew what he was referring too. "I don't know where the boxes are" He lied to protect everyone at the base.

"Yes you do Michael, you just don't know" He smiled "Kronos, you know he's our best asset"

"You sent him to get it"

"Yes we did"

"We?" Michael asked

He avoided the question and went on "I'm sorry about your mother, she just a sacrifice we had to make to get the formula"

Michael started trying to struggle to get out of the cuffs so he could wrap his hands around his throat. "Don't talk about my mom"

Linden shook his head and moved closer to him "You see Michael, your dad left you that formula. You're the only one that can find it, and once you do. It'll be mine"

"When we find it you can send your little henchmen Kronos to get it"

Linden swung his fist and punched him on the side of his face. Michael grunted trying to control the pain.

"Come on, I don't have a lot of time" he said worried.

"Time?" Michael spat to the side "Why do you have a time limit?"

"Because they're other people out there who want this formula, Michael."

"And you'd give it to them, for the right price" Michael chuckled. "It's always about money"