16 | Caleb Callie and Adam

They all stood around the table of their now clean and new base. Arms folded they watched down at Caleb who had now gained back some strength after having a meal, a drink and a warm shower. He sat up on the bed, bruised and battered. Kay watched him as she was putting on his bandages as if it wasn't the first time she'd had seen him. He was of Spanish descent with flowy curls and bright eyes. His bruised cheeks discolored his caramel skin. He looked a lot like Michael who was also of Spanish descent.

"You guys could be brothers" Jaden laughed

"Yeah and Syler's our dad" They all laughed.

"Kay?" Wes asked in curiosity "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" she responded putting one hand on her head, snapping herself out of the gaze "who exactly are you?" She asked finishing up the final bandage.

"Caleb" he said softly "Caleb Queen"

"Okay Caleb Queen, why are you here?" Jaden asked

He looked at her in confusion "Your the ones that brought me here"

"Well yeah, but it seems like you're joining us"

"Anyways" Kay said staying on track "How did you end up there?"

"I... I" he stuttered and took a deep breath gathering all his thoughts "I was making a trade when I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head. Next thing I knew I woke up chained to a wall in that dark room"

Wes looked and Michael and he looked back at Wes remembering what Syler had done to him.

"Anyways I was there for a day without any visitors or food. Then the next day some man with a white beard came in and started asking me about my family"

"Linden. But why your family?" Michael asked.

"I don't know, but I had to tell him I was a foster child"

Kay suddenly jumped up "Ah Ha!" She screamed "That's where I know you from!"

"What are you talking about?" Michael asked

"When I was younger and still in foster care, a kid named Caleb stayed with foster parents for a month and then left"

They looked at Caleb and then back at Kay "I would have forgotten him if he hadn't saved my life" Kay said looking into Caleb's eyes

"What do you mean?" Jaden asked

"The foster dad for that home was an abusive abusive drunk and he went to hit me one night and Caleb stepped in" Kay explained moving in closer to Caleb "Thank you" she hugged him "You probably saved my life that night"

"You're welcome" he said "But you would have lived, I can tell you're a strong girl"

She smiled at him and turned to the rest of the group who were looking down at them.

"As heartwarming as that is, we need to know more about how you got there and what happened" Jaden stated walking over to the chairs to take a seat.

"They continued to integrate me until it lead it torture. Small but very hurtful things. They'd hook me up to a small shock machine that released a small pulse that made me feel as if I was paralyzed. They also asked me about a formula"

Wes quickly jolted up "Do you? Do you know anything about a formula?"

"No, I don't know why everyone is talking about a formula" he said looking around the room "Anyways the next morning I woke up with an excruciating pain on my back" he paused "And when I was talking a shower just now my back stung and I thought I saw blood" he added on.