4 | Turning the Gun

Michael closed the passenger window to the sports car, and shivered. It was an untypically cold that night in LA. He buried himself in Wes's warm jacket he was given in the elevator earlier that day. His head turned to look over to Wes who focused on driving but he could tell his mind was focused on something else.

Michael wanted to reach over, to grab his hand and asked if he was okay—but he didn't. He couldn't. He spoke up instead. "What wrong?"

Wes sighed. "I'm . . . I'm actually terrified" He said looking back at the road

"Why? shouldn't I be terrified?" Michael asked jokingly.

"I'm terrified for you, and I'm scared that I can't protect you" He gulped

"I don't need you to protect me, I can protect myself. Don't don't worry about me"

"Everyone always says that but the truth is, we don't know what we're up against. If I'm right and Castro is on the rise again—we could be dangerously outnumbered"

The words made Michael gain the courage slowly placing his hand on Wes's which rested comfortably on the gearshift. "Please, I'll be okay"

They both didn't want a relationship, and Michael now doesn't know what he wanted anymore. He barely knew him but he felt a strong connection that he couldn't explain. He wasn't about to throw myself at Wes just because he's the first guy he's been with since his last boyfriend—Silas, another man he thought he knew.

Moments later they pulled up in front of Michael's and Kay's apparent and parked in the lot. They stepped out, locked the car and walked in making their way to the elevator in silence; and stepping in. Michael shoved his hands in his pocket and waited for Wes to say something.

"Pack a bag when you go up, I packed one before we came here, so I suggest you do the same" Wes said.

Michael nodded in agreement but giggled a little at the thought of what he could've packed. "What's you pack? Gucci?"

Wes looked at Michael "Yeah?" He questioned and then laughed "I see what you mean now, our lives are in danger and I'm rocking YSL and Gucci"

They stepped out and walked to Michaels apparent. They knocked on the door and Kay opened it. She instantly pulled Michael in for a hug thanking god he was okay and home safe. Michael giggled and asked why she was acting weird.

"Weird? After you and Wes" she looked at him "Left the club Jaden drove me home. I asked her if she knew where you guys were going and without her having to say anything we both realized you guys were bumping uglies"

Both Michael and Wes's faces flushed red. "Trust me there was nothing ugly about it" Wes teased and Michael got even more red and flushed. They looked at her, unsure of what more to say. "Forget it" Wes spoke up "We're here to talk about something else, something more important"

Kay welcomed him into the apartment. "I know it's smaller than yours" Michael spoke.

"Are you kidding me?" He looked around "Your apartment is filled with life and color" He picked up a picture of young highschool Michael and Kay and let out a smile "Mine is filled with neutral colors and death" Kay looked at him "Figuratively"

Kay looked at Michael worried he actually meant death. No Michael shook his head. "So what's this important news?" She asked looked back and forth at them.

Wes stepped into the apartment. "You see-"

Kay raised her hand up and stopped Wes before he could even speak. Strangely he let out a smile gaining some respect for her hard ass attitude. Kay shook her head and gave a glaring look at Michael knowing he was afraid to speak. "I want to hear Michael say it, I don't wanna hear anything from you. I'm worried you'll smooth talk me into whatever"