12 | Broderick Jewelers

The city laid quiet and still. Wes looked in the passenger seat where Michael sat with his elbow resting on the door and his head in it. The cold air whipped across his face, causing him to shiver. He rolled the windows to the van up. He was fidgeting with the earpieces in his free hand. Wes looked at the rear view mirror and saw Jaden and Kay sitting still. The van was quite and everyone was nervous. They were on their way to Broderick Jewelers. Just them, no backup no get away driver. Everyone feared the worst. No one knew what was going to happen, but everyone had a role.

"How nervous are you guys?" Wes was scared out of his mind but he had to put on a brave face to boost their confidence.

Jaden jumped up, almost startled at his voice "Yeah, we're fine" she looked at Kay "right?"

"Yeah, fine" Kay said "Just a little scared"

"Yeah me too" Michael said dropping his hands to his lap and lifting his head up

"Guys it'll be fine. We went over the plan multiple times, everyone knows what they're doing, everything will be fine" Wes said turning left at the green light. "We've gone through alot worse and lived through it"

"Have you ever done this before?" Kay asked

"What rob a jewelry store?" Jaden asked. Kay nodded "No we never done this before"

"Have you?" Michael asked Kay. Everyone in the car giggled at the face she gave him. It was a quick refresher, something to make them all smile even if it was for a split second.

"It'll be scary, and I'm sorry that I'm dragging you into this" Wes apologized "We're doing all of this to get Holly and I feel selfish that you're all involved"

"Wes" Michel reached over and placed his hand on Wes's. "We're your friends and we're all here for you, plus I should feel selfish"

"Why?" Kay asked

"Because I'm not only doing this to get Wes's sister back" he hesitated "I'm also doing this to find the boxes my dad hid, I'm doing this to have people stop coming after me and the people care about, but most importantly I'm doing this to find that bastard Kronos"

"And we will find him, and get Holly back" Jaden reached over and patted his shoulder. "All of this will be over before we know it and our lives will go back to the way they were"

"It's crazy to think about how all of this started" Michael continued "I mean it's weird to think about how this happened because we met, I didn't even know the truth about my dad, or even if my mom knew the truth. I hate that she died thinking he left us because he didn't love us."

"At least now you know he left for a good reason, and that he loved you guys enough to leave" Kay smiled at him.

+

They reached the front of Broderick Jewelers and pulled into the alleyway, everyone hesitated to get out. Kay who was already dressed opened the van taking action. "Okay so I'll walk around to the front and Jaden you get to the top" Jaden nodded "Michael you get the laptop and get ready to walk us out" Michael pulled out Wes's laptop from his bag that rested by his foot. "Wes, you know what to do" she smirked and slammed the door shut walked to the passenger widow taking an earpiece from Michael. She put it in testing out the audio, once it was good she walked away entering the jewelry store.

Wes looked at Michael "Maybe she should be the mission leader"

Michael turned to Wes and Jaden and handed them their earpiece. "Okay so you guys will head in first and make sure everything is good for me to run in and check the area for the box" Michael took a deep breath. "Jaden after you drop the gas in, I'll make my move"