8 | Pitch Black

They all sat in the motel room all together. Kay was on the floor by the window with her head in between her legs, Jaden was on the edge of the bed. Wes sat alone on the single arm chair hunched over clenching his hands together, and Michael layed on the bed with one foot up and the other on the floor. Silence, not a word, not a sound. Wes lifted his left hand out from under his head and wiped the cinder off his face. Michael and Wes were covered in the cinder from his house and Jaden and Kay were trying to wrap their heads around what happened.

"My mom" Michael said breaking the silence "She was an amazing woman" They could hear him tear up again. "She raised me after my dad left, she put on a brave face for me when I knew she was feeling just as empty as I was, She accepted me for who I am and she told me everyday that she loved me" He started to cry quietly "I should've told her how much i Loved her more than I did"

Wes watched as silent tears fell from Michaels eyes. "I'm so sorry Michael" Wes spoke. "I could've stopped all this from happening"

"No you couldn't, you couldn't save her, I couldn't save her. Its no ones fault other than that guys"

"I still can't believe it was the same man" Kay said softly into her leg

"We didn't have whatever formula he was asking for" Michael sat up wiping his tears "There was no way he would've just let her go and leave us alone"

"What formula?" Jaden asked

"Not sure" Wes reached into his back pocket and pulled out the map and key. "But whatever it is, hopefully this can answer our questions"

"Why would that help?" Kay ask moving to the bed holding Michael in her arms.

"Michaels dad left these behind with the word whispers scratched onto the bottom of the box we opened"

"Why would your dad leave that?" Jaden asked

"Because he was in the drug world also, he was a drug lord like you guys" He sniffled "We went to some wearhouse after Wes discovered what the scribbles were on the back of the photo I had of him meant." He wiped his face free of tears "There we found out he did dealing with castro, he help to supply them with all kinds of drugs and I'm guessing that's why he left" Michael looked up at the ceiling "I always thought he would've came back into my life one day, but knowing the path he went down, he's probably dead"

"So that map leads to what?"

"Another box i'm guessing"

"Wait didn't we feel braille on the map?" Michael got up and wiped his face once again. His nose and eyes were red and puffy.

"Oh yeah" Wes got up and made his way over to the bed. Everyone crowded around him. "I dont think anyone of us knows how to read braille, right?"

"No, maybe I could look it up" Kay got up and walked over to try to find her phone "Where's my phone?" Wes looked at Michael and they tried their best to not laugh "Seriously where's my phone?" Kay kept looking.

Wes got up and walked over to his bag and pulled out his laptop "Use this" He handed it to Michael "Don't worry, i can't be tracked on it, I had a friend of mine type in some kinda code that links me to the dark web"

Michael looked through the code "This is impressive, your laptop is practically untraceable, the code creates a new IP address every five seconds making it harder for people to find you"

"He's one of the best" Wes said cocky and proud of his friend.

"Not as good as me though" Michael typed quickly pressing hard on the keys writing a new code "There i just cut the time from five seconds into two" He smiled and immediately stopped almost feeling guilty for smiling so soon. "Why didn't you ask me to do this to our phones before throwing them out onto the highway?" Michael asked.