23 | MaryJane

"So if we work together you'd give me both halves of the formula?" Linden asked

"Yes" Michael responded.

They all sat around Syler's giant dining table. Kay, Jaden, Michael and Wes were on one side and Syler, Linden and Caleb were on the other side. It was late at night. Early in the morning. Linden had barely just landed and they had already pulled him aside to discuss the plans of action.

"We'll work together to kill the leader of the Italian Mafia, Vinnie. You'll get both halves of the formula for the pills" Wes lied.

"What's your game Wes?" Asked Linden

"What do you mean?" Michael stepped in

"I've been trying to kill you since you two first came together, I knew this wouldn't end well. And now we're here talking about working together" He paused "so I'll ask again, what's your game Wes?"

"I want to kill this man so I can get my sister back, that's my game" He looked at Syler "We discussed it last night, and we concluded that getting an innocent life like Holly back is more important to us that this formula"

Linden snickered "You trust me with both halves of the formula?"

"You'll get it, but with restrictions"

"Like what?" He asked getting annoyed

"When we hand you both halves of the formula, you can produce the pills and sell them for as much as you want, but you can only send it to every country, State, or City, ONCE!" Wes said loudly.

"And why would I listen to you?"

"Because you're scared of the Italian Mafia and Vinnie, and you know if you do this exchange with them, they'd either kill you and take both halves or they'd rob you of most of the profits you'll make with the pill" Wes paused "So if you work with us you'll get it but only send it out once"

Linden tapped his hand on the table. He looked around and realized how young Wes really was to be in this business. Linden was more of an older gentleman, he had white hair and a white beard. He was cleanly shaped up. His face was wrinkled at the corners of his eyes and his hands. Syler, on the other hand, was years younger then Linden. He was more buff, with a short haircut and a beard. His hair was black but you could see some grey from the stress of the whole situation.

"Fine" Linden said "I agree" He reached his hand out and Wes shook it. "But I need you two lovebirds to do something for me" He gestured to Michael and Wes.

"What Is it?"

"There's someone who came here by boat, a really important asset I couldn't take the chance to bring here on my jet. Anyways I need you two to pick her up for me"

"From where?"

"In lower Manhattan, it's coming on a boat called MaryJane"

Wes looked at him, he didn't want to say anything but really, MaryJane? Might as well write 'no weed here cops' on the side.

While Michael and Wes were out getting the girl, Jaden and Kay had to stay in their rooms, protecting the first half of the formula. Jaden didn't mind, it gave her time to talk to Callie and Adam. They're such a cute family. Jaden loved them so much and Kay watched in envy wishing to love something that much one day.

Kay loves Michael. The only reason she ever did any of this was for him. But loving someone the way a family loves each other is something she'd never experienced, and it was something she always quietly longed for.

There was a knock at their door, and as Wes instructed them, Kay check the eye hole to see who it was. There standing in the hallway was Caleb. He looked worried and scared. She turned to Jaden's who's attention was drawn to me. Kay assured her it was fine that it was only Caleb. Kay opened the door and stepped out. He gave her a smile but she couldn't give one back.