05

Two hours later the man and woman returned with bags full of things. Mostly clothes,shoes,and jewelry for us, but there was some food in the bags.

"Nice to see you have settled in Rebecca." The man said after handing us our bags.

I glanced at her and nodded. I glanced at the mans face as he handed me the bags.

"Why don't you two run along and go get ready for Rebecca's party? You're mother and I need to wrap the gifts and get the family over here!" The man happily said before going into the kitchen.

I hauled my things up the stairs, with Nicole following me.

I stopped at my door and turned to look at her.

"Let me get ready and I'll come over to you're room to help get you ready." I said opening my door.

"Alright. Just hurry, I don't like being alone in this place." She said before walking to her door that was a little ways down the hall.

I shook my head and brought my bags into my room and put everything away in the pulled out the same dress I wore for my party, and threw it on. I combed through my knotty hair, and left my feet bare. I walked out of my room and ran across the hallway to Nicole's room and opened the door. She was on her bed, crying, sobs shaking her entire body.I closed the door softly and walked over to her, and sat next her, wrapping my arms around her.

"Hey,don't worry you'll see your family again. I promise. We'll escape together, just you wait." I said pulling away from the hug.

She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"I need to take a shower. Just wait here and pick an outfit out for me." She said before retreating into the bathroom, and closing the door softly.

The shower turned on moments later and I stood up,and began going through her clothes to try to find something for her to wear.

Ten minutes later, I had a black skirt, and a light blue sweater, and a pair of black sandals. Nicole came out with a towel wrapped around her and glanced at the outfit I had for her and smiled.

"Have they gotten you make up yet?" I asked remembering I forgot to put some on some before I came over.

"Yeah it should be under the sink. When you get back out will you do my makeup and hair?"

"Sure."

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I couldn't help it. I broke down into tears and silent sobs. We were never going to get out of here it seemed like.

"Summer? Are you ok?" Nicole asked.

My name sounded funny when someone said it now. Maybe I was growing used to it. How long had I been here now? I shook the thoughts out of my head and pulled the make up bag out from underneath the sink and applied very light make up. I put on a fake smile and headed out to see Nicole, standing there trying to comb through her hair.

"Here let me help." I said calmly walking over to her.

I brushed through her hair, carefully yanking out the knots. I applied make up to her face and took it back in the bathroom while I waited for her to get her shoes on. My stomach rumbled with hunger and I hoped to sneak a piece of food while I was down there.

"You know what Summer?" Nicole asked before we went downstairs.

"What is that Nicole?" I asked turning the knob.

"I wish I had a phone so we could take a selfie,because we look amazing." She said before bursting out laughing.

I busted out laughing to, and I laughed so hard tears came to my eyes. I gave her a high five and walked out, with Nicole on my heels.
----
Downstairs the party was in full swing, with the adults around and drinking the punch the woman had made, and some were even drinking alcohol. I made a disgusted face as one of the adults, who was obviously drunk,walked close and put a hand on my waist.

"Heyyyy...you loookkk good, babe." He slurred, his breath reeking of beer.

"Get your hand off of me,you drunk. And I'm not your 'babe'." I yelled,smacking him across the face, before walking away. I walked into the kitchen and looked for Nicole and gave a strangled sigh as I saw she wasn't in there. I grabbed a small cup of punch and drank it slowly,hoping it would ease my hunger. The last thing I had eaten were the scrambled eggs this morning, and my stomach was beginning to hurt. It was beginning to get chilly in the house, and the tiny dress wasn't providing much warmth either. I turned to go up to my room and ran into a boy around my age and fell to the floor. I clutched my head fora moment before standing up, about to go off.

    I glanced up and stared. His eyes were a deep brown, and his shaggy brown hair was swept to the side of his face.

  "Sorry Autumn." He slightly slurred, his breath smelling of alcohol. Didn't his parents care that he was underage?

"Back off." I hissed through clenched teeth.

He threw his hands up into the air.

"God! I was just trying to get another drink, but you were in the way!" He screamed landing a kick into my stomach.

I gasped for air and screamed as he kneeled down and punched me in the face. Blood seeped out from my nose and I clutched my stomach in pain. Why wasn't anyone coming to stop this guy?

I screamed louder as he grabbed a fistful of hair in his hand and he whispered in my face,"sleep tight little girl."

I screamed in pain as he brought my face to the floor and the world went black.
--------

Hey guys!

Here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoy it!! I'll try to have the next chapter up soon but my teachers decided to pile homework and tests on me...so it might take me awhile. Also..I can't believe it's almost Christmas!! I'm so excited, I can't even wait!

Bye guys!!