17

I remained on the driveway until it became light outside and I trudged back to the house. I missed everyone back home. My friends and my family. I missed my Labrador,Clover and her soft fur. I walked into the house and up into my room and laid on the bed and cried. I cried until I had no more tears left. The mail lady had thought I was drunk. I shook my head and laid on my side thinking of home.

    Today, I would be returning to the hiking trail and try to find a way out of here. They were on vacation,we would be long gone by the time they got back.

    I sat up and walked to the shower. Today was the day we would begin our escape plan.  I turned the shower on and got in,and washed my hair and self fast and got back out. I wrapped a towel around me and moved to my room. I put a pair of black shorts on,and a yellow frilly tank top.I put my hair into a messy braid and grabbed my bag from the floor. The man had to had tools here,didn't he? I emptied the old swimming stuff and walked downstairs trying to find a garage. There was a door in the kitchen and I smiled as I opened it and saw the dark grey of the garage walls. Tools sat on the shelf and I picked out the wire cutters and threw it in the bag. I also grabbed things we would need when we escaped. I threw it all in the bag until it was full,and slung the backpack over my shoulder and moved into the kitchen. I jotted down a note and ran out the front door,wishing my legs would go faster.

     I broke through the trees and came to the forked path,and turned to the rocky path where the barbed wire sat at the top. I began climbing ignoring the pain when I got cuts and scrapes,and continued climbing. I would not allow them to kill us all,I would allow them however to be thrown in jail.

     I finally reached the ledge where the ground sat and a tree with a hollow trunk and pulled myself up,until I laid on the ground.

    "Record time." I breathed out before getting to my feet.

     I set my bag down and took out the wire cutters and moved to the fence. Trees and a rocky hill were on the other side and I nodded before beginning to cut. At first,it didn't work, I had to keep cutting and cutting and finally it broke. I cut a little more quickly,doing a messy job and paused when I had made a hole big enough for Paisley to crawl through.  I cut even more messily and breathed a sigh of relief when I had finally made a hole big enough for me to crawl through. I wiggled through and stood on the other side of the fence. I finally had a way to escape. I sat down and cried tears of joy,until I had enough strength to go back over to the other side.

    I felt stuck again when I crawled back over,but it was ok. We were finally going to get out of this evil place. I sat on the ledge letting the warm breeze hit me,when I decided it was time to head back to the house. I needed to get everything ready for when we would escape. Today was Monday,and the man and woman would be back next week. My plan was to get out of the house on Thursday,that way we would be long gone.

I got to my feet and began the hike back to the house,feeling better than I ever had.
---------

"Paisley, Nicole, come down here! I have news!" I yelled when I had walked through the door.

"What is it?" Nicole asked walking down the stairs with Paisley following close behind.

"I found a way out. We're leaving on Thursday." I said setting my backpack down.

"Oh my gosh,are you serious?!" Nicole asked a smile breaking out across her face.

"I'm dead serious." I said a smile on my own face.

"We need to find backpacks to hold everything. I'll try and find large suitcases for our clothes." Nicole beamed brightly.

"Don't forget we have to climb the rocks." I pointed out sitting down in a chair.

"But we also need food and clothes. I know we're pretty far from the city. It took us four hours to drive there when we got Paisley." Nicole said shuddering.

"True. We just need to be ready before next week and by Wednesday at the least. We'll leave early Thursday morning." I said wiping my forehead.

    "Ok." Nicole said before scampering off.

    "Summer?" Paisley asked taking a seat next to me.

   "Yeah Paisley?" I asked looking at her.

   "Is the game gonna end soon? I'm getting scared. There was a skeleton in the basement and it smelt really bad down there. I don't wanna play anymore,I wanna go home to mommy and daddy." She said becoming even paler than usual.

   "We will Paisley...I-I promise we will make it out of here and you won't have to go in the basement again." I said feeling like I was in a trance.

"Ok,what can I do to help us escape?" She asked her eyes turning bright.

"How about,you go help Nicole find some bags? I'll be up in a second." I said standing up again.

   She ran out out of the room and I watched her go sadly thinking of what I just said to her. Did I just tell her another promise that I might not be able to keep? I hoped not. I had a feeling that this was the right thing to be doing for all of us so we wouldn't end up being murdered here. After putting all of the tools back in their spots I went upstairs to help search for some bags.
------

    Hey guys!

  This is probably really bad again and I'm super sorry. It's getting harder and harder to write honestly. I guess it's because I'm getting close to the end? I'm not sure.

  Thank you all so much for 370+ reads!  It means the world to me and I'm glad you all like it! Sorry the past few chapters have been crappy.

   Happy holidays if I don't tell you sooner!

  :)

-Xxstars_moonxX