11

I woke up, hot and sticky and sat up in the bed. The medicine had left a small headache,and as I put my feet on the floor I realized how quiet the house was.

I ran to the door and opened it whispering,"hello is anyone home?"

No reply.

"Nicole?" I called a little louder and I ran down the stairs to find a note on the kitchen counter. I picked it up with trembling hands and read it.

Dear Autumn,

We left to go get our newest daughter. We also took Nicole with us because we needed some help for this and we wanted to let you sleep.Please clean her new room up,and put all of her clothes away for us. We'll bring back some dinner, Olive Garden in fact.

I crumbled the note and threw it away,muttering a string of curse words under my breath and walked up the stairs and to the end of the hall.

I opened the door and groaned as I saw all of the bags of clothes I had to put away. I began working immediately,remembering the basement and shuddered. I threw the clothes in the drawers and closets and straightened up the little girls bathroom. The front door opened and I heard them talking lowly,so I decided to go "welcome" the home. I headed to the end of the hall and glanced down the stairs. Nicole was holding the hand of a little girl who was probably only seven years old.

I rushed down the stairs and glanced at Nicole knowingly. Her face hid the guilt she felt for helping them.

"Alright girls,let's eat!" The woman clapped before sauntering into the kitchen.

I felt a tug on my hand and glanced at the little girl.

"Where am I?" She asked softly.

I glanced at her wide blue eyes and her messy long brown hair and shrunk down to her weight.

"You're at a magical place,where we play a game everyday,"I slowly began,"the rule of the game is to escape without the people in the kitchen knowing. You have to promise me you won't tell them about the game,ok? Or else the game will be - over." I added trying not to be to harsh on the little girl.

"I love games,daddy plays them with me all the time!" She shouted jumping up and down.

"Oh he does,does he?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah,we play Monopoly and we play at the park all the time!" She added her eyes sparkling.

"Alright well,how about we go eat some dinner,and me and Nicole will show you your new room." I smiled gently and watched as she ran into the kitchen happily.

I stood up again and glanced at Nicole who began crying.

"I-I feel so b-bad!" She sobbed out into her hands.

"Hey it's ok - you didn't really have a choice." I said giving her a quick hug.

She pulled away and sniffled before wiping her eyes.

"Yeah, I guess so." She said nodding.

"Alright let's go have some dinner,and what's that little girls name?" I asked trying to keep her calm.

"Her name is Paisley." She said before heading into the kitchen.

"Not for long." I added glumly.
-----

After our dinner I ended up in Paisley's room getting her ready for bed. Nicole had went to her room,because she was to guilty at the moment to be around Paisley.It was 9:30 and I could tell Paisley was getting tired and crabby.

"Will you brush my hair like Mommy does?" Paisley asked tears streaming down her face.

"Hey,don't cry." I whispered grabbing the brush.

"I miss Mommy and Daddy so much! I want to go home." She bawled while she climbed onto my lap.

"Don't cry now." I whispered as I began brushing through her hair.

"Summer,when will we be able to leave this house?" She asked after she calmed down.

"Soon Paisley,soon." I said slowly after I finished brushing her hair.

"I can't wait until then." She murmured as she waited patiently while I braided her hair.

"Alright,get some sleep and tomorrow we can go to the pond and ride a boat or swim maybe." I said tucking her in.

"Summer,don't leave me in the dark. Will you find me a night light please?" She asked before I walked out.

"Sure." I nodded turning on a small lamp.

"Goodnight Summer." She murmured softly

"Goodnight Paisley." I murmured back.

    I closed her door softly and walked back down the hall to my room and walked in,closing the door. To be honest I was exhausted. I walked into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. The little cuts and bruises were beginning to turn into scars. My eyes held tiredness and fear in them. I had somehow managed to become skinnier and my hair has grown to my waist now. I hated how I was changing so much at this house. Running a hand through my tangled hair I walked back out and changed into a pair of pajamas.

A small stereo sat on the dresser and I turned it on,and immediately relaxed when I heard soft jazz music playing. My hand was hurting,and I knew I had to change the bandage or else it would get infected. Dragging myself back into the bathroom,I unwrapped my hand and put a new wrap over it. I trudged back into my room and laid down on the bed,listening to the jazz music. I closed my eyes and borrowed under the soft sheets and drifted off into a nightmare filled sleep.
-----
Hey guys! This is a short chapter I'm sorry!

    The next one will be long because I have some ideas!!!

    Next chapter will be up as soon as possible and thank you all for 150+ reads!

   Enjoy your day guys!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX