19

I woke up,my breathing strained and I shook the dream away. We didn't have time for that right now. Today was the last day we were spending at this house. I decided to pack so I could help Paisley and Nicole pack. I got up and grabbed shorts and shirts and began throwing them in the bag. I stopped when the bags were full and I threw them to the floor cringing,as I heard the camera smack the floor. It was fine after a quick check and I moved onto the next room.

     Paisley was awake throwing outfits on her bed and I quickly began to pack everything she threw out.

    "I can't wait to see mommy!" Paisley said after she had finished throwing stuff out.

     "I can't wait to see my mommy and daddy to." I said agreeing with her.

    She ran out of the room saying she was going to find something to eat and I walked over to Nicole's room.

   "Oh,hey Summer." Nicole said coming out of her room.

   "Hi. I was wondering if you were ready?"

She nodded before scampering off to the kitchen. I myself,was starving, but I shook it off. We still needed a bag for food so I grabbed another bag from Paisley's room and walked to the kitchen. I threw open the cabinets and threw random food in the bag. Two boxes of pop tarts, three cans of Pringles,granola bars,and goldfish. I put the bag by the door before running upstairs and grabbing all of the bags and put them by the door. We each had one bag to carry,except someone would have to carry the food bag.

It was about noon and I shook off the anxiety that surrounded me. I made a couple sandwiches and put them on the table when the phone rang. The caller ID was unknown,so I left it there. It stopped ringing,and then minutes later it rang again.

I picked it up and hesitantly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Ahh,Autumn! Finally you picked up!"

"I'm sorry,who is this?" I asked not recognizing the voice.

"Your grandma sweetheart. Listen I only have to remain low for a couple more days. Two or three more,and when I come back we can have another party!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Oh,yay!" I fake squealed with a smirk.

We would be long gone before she got here and I said goodbye before placing the phone down.

"This day is going by so slow!" Nicole moaned.

"Yeah, I know. Let's just run through the house and clean it,and make sure we have everything." I suggested.

"Alright,fine." Nicole and Paisley agreed.

We set off through the house looking in every room,hoping and wishing the day would go faster.
~~~~~

"Alright,goodnight Paisley. I'll wake you up in the morning." I said tucking her into bed.

    "I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight. I can't wait to see mommy and daddy again!" She squealed causing me to smile.

   "I can't wait either." I replied with a small chuckle.

    "Summer?" She asked looking at me.

    "Yeah?" I asked before I had walked out.

    "Thank you for keeping us safe,and for keeping your promise to get out of here so we can see mommy and daddy again." She said before turning on her side,and closed her eyes.

    "Your welcome." I whispered before turning off the light,and closed the door.

    Nicole was downstairs,making a sandwich  for her and I.

    "Is she already asleep?" She asked putting one of the sandwiches on the table.

     "Yeah,I figured she would. We have to get up early." I said taking a seat at the table.

   "Well,I don't think I can sleep tonight."

     "Me neither." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

     She laughed before turning back to her sandwich and I began eating in silence,making sure we had everything,checking things off in my mind.

    "Summer,did you hear me?" Nicole asked raising an eyebrow.

   "What? Oh sorry,just making sure we have everything." I said with a small smile.

   "Oh,well I just wanted to say thank you. If it was just Paisley and I,we wouldn't be able to escape."

    "Oh,uh,your welcome." I said nodding my head.

    "And thank you for keeping your promises to us." She finished with a smile.

    I was again struck dumbfounded.

   "Uh,I-i, your welcome." I finally got out before taking another bite.

         I hadn't really kept my promises,yet. We still had to escape,but deep down I knew we were going to make it.

    "Welp,I'm heading to bed." Nicole said after she finished her sandwich.

   "Yeah, I'll head that way in a little,I'm gonna make sure we have everything." I said before getting to my feet.

    "Goodnight." Nicole called as she walked away.

    "Night." I said before heading towards the knife drawer. Better leave them a message, to tell them to leave everyone alone,and someone was coming to get them soon.

   I put scratch marks on the table,and on the walls. I dug the knife deep into the walls,making holes. The knife got dull,and I returned it, grabbing another one,and making more dents. When I finished, I stepped back and looked at my work. Scratch marks and dents surrounded three words.

    I told you.
~~~~

      Later that night,after making sure we had everything, I walked up to my room and set the alarm to 5 a.m. That would give us enough time to get ready and go.

     I laid in bed after changing into the pajamas and tossed and turned,until I finally fell asleep at 12:01. We were escaping today,no matter what. Even if the plan fails and we have to leave the bags of food and clothes,I didn't care,we would still be leaving. I slipped off into a light and uneasy sleep,my dreams dreamless,and soon I was snoring.
--------

  Hey guys!

   First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 530+ READS! I was literally screaming,and omg I am speechless. :))

   Only a couple more chapters! I can't wait to write the next one I have some good ideas for it. ;)

   Happy late New Years!

   Im headed back from vacation so updates will be much quicker!

        Until next chapter!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX