14

When I woke up the next morning, Paisley was snoring,still sound asleep. I got up slowly to not wake her up and walked out of the house and jogged to the end of the driveway. There was a small gravel road on the other side of the gate,but then a highway. Not many cars drove past and I figured that we were in some isolated place. Town couldn't be that far from here and I sat down on the dirt road and waited to see if anything would pass by. Or anyone.

    An hour ticked by and I hung my head in defeat. No one was out that morning,but maybe tomorrow would be better. There was nothing else to do so I headed back into the house,listening to Paisley's soft snore. I walked into the kitchen to try and find the keys when the phone rang,making me nearly jump out of my skin. I rushed over and picked it up and answered it.

   "Hello?"

   "Oh,good. You're awake! I'm coming to pick you girls up to come and see Nicole. Don't try anything stupid though." The old woman huffed on the other side.

    "You mean,we can leave the grounds?" I asked my eyes going wide.

    "Just to see Nicole. Like I said before,don't you dare try anything Autumn. And make sure Paisley knows this or I will be calling your father." She grunted. Background sounds came through the phone and a muffled voice began talking.

   "Alright Autumn,the doctor is here,so be ready in about 2 hours." She said before the line went dead.

    I set the phone back down and went to wake Paisley up.

   "Mommy?" She asked softly shifting in her sleep.

   "No,it's me Summer. We're going to see Nicole today. But you can't tell anybody about the game. It's a..secret." I choked out,before stepping back.

    "Yay,we get to see Nicole!" She shouted getting up.

   "Yes,we do. Now hurry up and maybe you could go to the garden out back to pick some flowers after you take a shower." I said taking her upstairs.

    "I know how to do it. Mommy taught me how to take a shower." She said before running to her own room. I could hear her flip the shower on and begin singing a children's song. I walked to her room and picked out a flower shirt,and some jean shorts for her,laying it on her bed. I walked back to my own room and got in the shower myself. I don't know how long I sat there,trying to figure out a plan of how to get someone's attention.

    I knew we wouldn't look the same,because it had been 2 weeks almost since we went missing. I put my head in my hands and gasped in air. 2 weeks surviving in this murder house. I knew we needed to escape soon. I flipped the water off and wrapped myself into a towel and walked into my room. I picked out a pair of grey skinny jeans and a light pink crop top. I threw everything on before adding a pair of white high top converse and brushed my hair before braiding it. I added light make up before retreating back to Paisley's  room to help with her hair.

    I brushed through it quickly before putting it in a french braid and walking back down the stairs,and out onto the porch. Paisley followed behind and ran to the back of the house,and later returned with a rose. She took a seat next to me silently,and gazed at the rose,twirling it between her fingers.

     "Here,how about you go get some more roses,and we can make a flower crown." I said gently and watched as she ran back behind the house.

     She returned later with a bunch of roses in her hand,her smile wide,and loose hair flowing in the breeze.

     "Who will the flower crown be for?" She asked giving them to me.

     "Well,we need a princess in the game,don't we?" I asked taking the stems and snapping them,and putting them in her braid. When I finished I told her ok,and she stood up,noticing a car pull up.

   The car stopped a few feet and the old lady beckoned from inside the car. I grabbed Paisley's hand before walking to the car together. I flung the door open and climbed in after Paisley,slamming the door shut,remaining quiet the whole drive there.
~~~

    "Who would you like to see today m'am?"

   We were currently at the front desk and I was pleading the woman with my eyes to notice who we were.

   "Rebecca Finch." The old woman said fanning herself with her hand.

   "Are these her sisters?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

    "They are indeed." The old woman grunted picking up her purse again.

    "Room 224,"she said to the woman before turning to Paisley holding a teddy bear,"this is for you sweet heart. All small children receive one." She said handing over the teddy bear.

   "Thank you! He can be my royal bear in the game!" She squealed.

   "Game?" The lady questioned raising an eyebrow.

  The old woman snapped her eyes at me,glaring.

   "She means the game we were playing earlier in the car." I stuttered grabbing Paisley's hand.

    "Ok,well enjoy your visit." The lady said looking at me knowingly.

  I turned my head down and followed the old woman silently,keeping my head down until we reached the door to Nicole's room door. I knew the nurse knew something that she shouldn't.
~~~~
Nurses POV

    I watched the girls walk off,the older one keeping her head down.

   "Hey Lisa,how's everything going?" Talia asked walking over.

    "You know that girl Summer and Paisley who was kidnapped,and that girl Nicole?" I asked glancing after them.

    "Yeah,that's so sad how someone could do that. I hope they're ok wherever they are." She said picking up a stack of papers.

    "Yeah,but I think those two girls were just here." I murmured softly.

   "Don't be silly Lisa. You've had a long night shift,and you have to work today to. Your brain is just sleep deprived." Talia said taking a sip of coffee.

   "Yeah,maybe I just need a large cup of coffee." I replied with a fake chuckle.

    I may have been tired,but I recognized and somehow knew,that the girl Rebecca upstairs looked just like Nicole. She shrugged it off telling herself to do something about it later,and headed to the cafeteria to get some coffee.
------
Hey guys! I hope this chapter is a little bit better than the last one and I hope you guys enjoyed it!

  Thank you all so much for 210+ reads! This means so much to me!

   Next chapter should be up soon because good news,finals are over! I got a 100 on my math final,so yeah!

  Until next time!

  :)

-Xxstars_moonxX