20

The next morning dawned and the air was interrupted by the shrill beeping of the alarm clock.

   I sat up and turned it off with determination. Today was the day we were leaving. I got up and walked to the bathroom,turning on the shower and getting in. I washed my hair and body before turning it off again. I got out and changed into a pair of jean shorts and a grey shirt. I dried my hair,and put it up in a ponytail before rushing into the hallway and banging on the doors.

     "Let's go ladies!" I screamed before climbing down the stairs and grabbing my bags.

    I slung the backpack that was full of my clothes and camera onto my back and rushed back up the stairs,once again banging on the doors.

      "Come on!" I said opening their doors.

     Paisley was about to get dressed singing a small made up song about seeing her mom and dad again. Nicole was already meeting me in the hallway,and now Paisley was finally joining us.

   "Hey,it only took us one hour to get out of here." Nicole pointed out before picking up two backpacks. One was full of clothes,and the other food.

     I handed Paisley her backpack and opened the front door,and allowed them to go out. I ran back inside though,and grabbed a knife,putting it in my bag. You never know.

    I rushed back outside to see Nicole and Paisley staring at the gate and passed the main road. A car was pulling up,a very familiar car.

    It was the grandma.

   "RUN!" I screamed taking off.

     We all sprinted,Paisley surprisingly keeping up with us. The trees were still far away and I glanced back to see that the old lady hadn't noticed we were gone. She was about to though.

      I willed everyone to go faster as I picked up speed when I heard a car horn. I glanced back again and gasped when I saw that she was driving across the property.

   "Go,run!" I screamed sprinting again. Nicole had started crying,and Paisley was starting to slow down.

    'Just a bit farther please.' I chanted in my head.

      We broke onto the skinny path when I heard shots fired into the air. We all picked up speed after that,leaving the old woman in the dust. We got to the rocky path and began climbing,Paisley gasping every now and then for air.

    I fell and gripped a rock and closed my eyes in pain. My leg was scratched deep,but I ignored the pain as I heard more shots fire into the air. Why was this climb taking so long,if we were going so fast?

    Nicole had finally made it to the top and had pulled up Paisley when a bullet whizzed past my ear. I cried out in surprise and climbed faster as I heard the old woman curse before she glared up at us.

   "What the heck are y'all doin up there,running from me like that?!" She cried loading her gun.

     "I told you,you are all crazy. Get the heck away from us." I said climbing next to Nicole and Paisley before getting to my feet.

    "Get back down here,RIGHT NOW." She bellowed.

    "How about I pass on that?" I said my sarcastic attitude returning.

      "You're lucky I'm not up there right now because I would have already shot your brains out." I heard her wheeze.

     I watched as Nicole crawled through the hole in the fence,removing the branch that covered it,before beckoning to Paisley to crawl through.

    "Why should I? You're pretty crazy." I hissed kicking some dirt down.

      "Girl,when I get my hands on you..." She was saying before I interrupted her.

    I had found a rock and I threw it down,and she screamed as it hit her foot and she fell to the ground,hitting her head on a sharp rock,landing in a heap at the bottom.

    I giggled,when she groaned in pain and I walked over to the opening.

     "Are you ready?" I asked both of them when I made it over to the other side.

      "Um,duh!" Nicole said giving me a hug.

    We set off down the rocks on the other side not knowing what would happen next.
~~~~

     "Summer,we have to stop soon. I'm getting pretty hungry,and Paisley is tired." Nicole called from the back.

    "Alright,just a bit father, I hear a creek up here."

      "We have water!" Nicole whined.

    "Alright,fine!" I snapped.

     Nicole glared at me before taking a seat on a tree that fell over. I didn't know how long we had been walking,but I knew I wanted to get as far away as possible. I watched as Paisley took a seat next to her,and opened the bag of food and pulled out some Pringles and began munching on them. I walked over and grabbed my own can before taking a seat, on the log and began eating.

     "Can I have a bottle of water?" I asked finally.

     "Sure."

    I waited until it got passed down to me and I opened it before taking a large sip out of it.

   "Paisley,wanna help me look for some wood for a fire tonight?" Nicole asked.

     "You can't make a fire." I said dully.

     "And why not?" Nicole asked putting her hands on her hips.

     "Because,the smoke will give away our location and we'll be killed in our sleep." I said laying down after I put my food away.

    "Whatever. Never mind Paisley." Nicole huffed before laying down on the ground and gazed at the purple sky.

     "Summer, can I sleep on the log to?" Paisley asked.

      I nodded and watched her climb up,throwing the bags to the ground and nestled closer to the log. We would need to get up early in the morning so we could start walking again. I heard Paisley and Nicole snore,before I closed my eyes and the world went black with a dreamless night.
----/-----

    Hey guys!

    Here's the next chapter!

  This was so much fun to write to be honest,but I'm going to go back through and maybe rewrite it,so yeah.

   I don't really have much to say,so yeah!

   Have a nice day!

  Until next chapter!

  -Xxstars_moonxX