21

The next morning, I was the first one to wake up and I grabbed my can of Pringles and munched on a few, when Paisley woke up.

"Summer?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you and Nicole fighting?"

I sighed,"not really,but yes at the same time."

"Oh,but why?"

"Well," I began unsure of what to say," well it was because I was super stressed yesterday and I let my anger out on Nicole. We won't fight anymore." I assured her before putting the food away after Paisley had eaten a few.

"We better get going." I said tensing up.

"I'll wake up Nicole!" Paisley squealed running over to her.

I smiled before turning around to see figures crashing down the path that we were on,and it looked like they were angry.

"Oh no." I hissed shaking Nicole awake.

She sat up and yawned and glanced at us with a smile.

"Goo—"

I put a finger to her lips and beckoned to the large group of people. Fear crowded her eyes and she collected her bag of stuff with Paisley and we took off running.

"There they are!" Someone said before sounds of running people was behind us.

We kept running until we made it to the creek. Well,I guess you could say small river.

"Just throw the bags across and swim." I hissed impatiently.

"Ok." They both said before throwing their bags,along with mine to the other bank. I helped with Paisleys before jumping into the freezing cold water and began swimming.

I heard two splashes behind me and I dove under,hoping Nicole and Paisley would do the same so the people wouldn't see us.

I swam back to the surface and turned around to see that the people had turned around and began running in the other direction. What idiots.

I glanced around for Nicole and Paisley and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw them hiding behind a rock.

"Summer,I'm cold!" Paisley whined swimming over to me.

"Ok,go to your bag and get some new clothes and change." I said motioning for her to go to the bank.

She swam off and I swam over to Nicole who looked panic.

"What's wrong?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"My,foot, it-it's stuck under this rock. I was trying to rush and my foot got lodged under it." She whispered in pain.

"Ok just,hang on." I said before diving under.

The water underneath was murky and I saw the problem once I had gotten closer. Her shoelaces were stuck in the rock and I began pulling them.

One ripped free and I tugged on the other one and swam back up to the surface when I got it.

"Ok,we need to hurry." I said and nearly jumped in shock.

"Go where?" The old lady asked from the bank.

"Swim." I whispered before diving under and swam to the bank.

I got to the shore and grabbed my bags before grabbing Paisley's and took off running meeting up with Paisley who was just finished getting dressed.

Frantic calls sounded behind us,causing us to go faster. You could see the police station now,with a couple stores around it. People lingered around and I screamed,causing a few people to turn around.

All of the sudden Nicole and I looked over to see Nicole had been shot in the back of her shoulder.

"Oh my god Nicole!" I screamed before tumbling down the hill and landing in a heap at the road.

Nicole and Paisley reached me and we dashed across the road to the police station as shots rang out across and we busted through the doors.

Nicole collapsed to the ground,blood leaking out of her wound and I fell to my knees. Pain filled one side of my leg so bad, I didn't remember getting hit by the bullet.

Paisley ran up to the lady and explained in a tearful manner of what just happened. The lady responded with an ambulance was on its way,and that she was going to call our parents.

The lady walked over to Nicole and explained some hushed words with her before she walked over to me.

"Summer?"

"Yes ma'am." I wheezed out.

"An ambulance is on its way. And is it correct that Nicole is going home with you?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Alright. Officer Dan,please go help the paramedics for these girls. We need three stretchers." She said before rushing outside.

"We did it girls,we made it away." I said softly before I crashed to the ground.
~~~

"Is she breathing?" The paramedics asked putting an oxygen mask over my face.

"Where's Paisley and Nicole?" I mumbled softly.

"They're in the ambulance behind us. Your parents are already at the hospital." A woman said calmly stroking my hair.

"The kidnappers?"

"They have been located and are on their way back here. They're going to prison don't worry. Now relax." She said.

"But,they murdered people! I took pictures! Where's my backpack?!" I said beginning to freak out.

A beeping sped up as my anxiety grew. Had they grabbed it?!

"Get me medicine!" She yelled and I winced.

She injected medicine into an Iv tube and I felt drowsy,closing my eyes again and nearly gasped from the pain in my leg.
~~~
Beep...beep...beep

I woke up hearing the heart monitor and struggled to open my eyes. How long had I been asleep?

"Look,her eyes are fluttering!" Someone said.

'Mom? Dad? I'm here,right here!' I called out in my head.

I blinked open my eyes to see my parents standing over me.

My mom was thinner and her face was puffy. My dad looked like he hadn't shaved in weeks.

I glanced over to see Paisley and Nicole in beds to my right.

"Oh honey!" My mom gasped before a sob escaped her lips and she wrapped her arms around me. My dad joined the hug and I smiled softly.

"Am I home?" I asked,a little drained from the medicine they had given me.

"Yes sweetie! Nicole is to. So is Paisley, she leaves tomorrow same as you girls. We have a room to set up for Nicole." They said,still hugging me.
--------
Hey guys!

One more chapter!

:(

But don't worry because the sequel will be out soon! The title I am thinking of is The Perfect Family.

There's only one more chapter,and after that I'll go through and edit some things,and then I'll work on the next book!

Until the next chapter!

-Xxstars_moonxX