You're Remembering It Wrong

Chapter 2 You're Remembering It Wrong

I got my ass kicked, hard.

So hard in fact I could barely get out of bed let alone hide my bruises. My maid almost fainted at the dark purple and blue bruise blooming across said beaten ass because of how hard and often I fell on it last night, even after I broke his sword in half. My ribs turned a deep shade of purple with a lovely ring of red around it and my knuckles are split from how hard I hit Valtok when he wasn't paying attention because he was irritating me so. But still here I am watching him from my tiny window as he spars with another knight showing others the right way to deflect a blow, a satisfying, perfect little bruise on his jaw. He looks up and winks rubbing a hand over the bruises, I rub my sore knuckles with a smile. My bedchamber door opens as my mother walks in her slippers whispering agains the stone.

"Sylenia, dear why are you at the window? You missed lunch." I pull away doing my best to hide my more obvious bruises looking at my mother standing behind me in a regal lilac silk gown that falls around her and pools at her feet like water. She folds her soft, perfect hands together looking down her little nose at me disappointingly. "I told you, you are not allowed to watch the sparring!" She scolds me, I hang my head in shame that she caught me more then in that she scolded me. Even angry she holds a regal grace that no one could match. Everything is beautiful about her, her clear blue eyes, her long blonde hair she rarely wears down, her creamy pail skin that puts white silk to shame.

"Sorry mother." She nods stiffly motioning to the shaky girl behind her holding a tray with what I'm assuming is my lunch on it.

"Now, get away from there and eat something you look too thin." She motions for the girl to set the trey down at a little table. Then with a flick of her wrist she dismisses her easily, the girl runs out before the diamonds on mothers wrist finish sparkling with the movement.

"I'm not hungry, thank you." She rolls her crystal blue eyes at me then sits down at the table.

"Please Sylenia, why must you fight me on everything?" I sigh siting down too.

"I'm not fighting you mother, I'm just not hungry." I try to mimic my mothers posture like she wants me too but its difficult in these uncomfortable chairs but she has a tighter corset then I do.

"Just eat a little bit darling." I sigh taking a piece of the fruit then pop it into my mouth.

"Happy?" She sighs standing.

"I will leave the food here, please don't watch the fights anymore I do not like it." I nod so she'll leave and I can watch the fight. She nods stiffly then walks away her small heels clicking on the stone steps as she goes. I slide back to the window but Valtok is gone, most likely with my father.

I stay in my rooms the rest of the day deciding to read so I can rest my aching body. My doors open again but to my father this time. "Theres my princess, I was wondering where you were hiding out, we missed you at lunch my dear."

"I wasn't very hungry." I shrug taking a seat at the table.

"But I brought you a present." He says mischievously pulling out a beautifully crafted silver dagger, a large bright green emerald sits on the end of the hilt and the sheath has spirals carved into it encrusted with rubies and emeralds, the hilt is also carved delicately with a tooled leather wrapped around it for grip. I jump up running to him, he laughs when I throw my arms around his neck then he lifts me up. "Don't get too excited, you cant let your mother know so you have to be on your best behavior at the dinner tonight or else I wont let you practice." He says before handing over to me.

"Thank you father! I promise I'll wear a corset and everything!" I say excitedly even thought I had planned on going in my simplest gown to spite mother and for much needed comfort.