Untitled Part 19

The next morning I wake up to my maid, Marsyla, jumping into bed with me and screams in my ear, "Oh princess I am so glad you're home!" Hugging me.    

    "I'm glad to see you too." I hug her back finding it comforting to see such a bright welcome.

    "I kept everything clean for you and made sure no one came in or touched anything!" She's beams at me like she's waiting for a pat on the head like a dog. Maybe this was my fathers power turning people into his dogs, have I done that with her?
    "I can see that, thank you Marsyla, I appreciate it." She hops out of bed.

    "Now lets get you dressed, your mother has invited you to have breakfast with her." She smiles again and disappears into my closet. No I don't have magic like my father, she's just a loyal friend. She wouldn't die for me like Wolkif would for my father. I stand up going into my bathroom and drawing my own bath as she flutters about in my closet looking for a dress for me. once she finds a simple one my mother wouldn't hate and I wouldn't have a hard time moving in she comes helping me wash my hair and scrub my back. Once thats done she leaves me to soak on my own and goes to make my bed. Hopefully after this meal I can talk to my father about everything that happened while I was gone.

    Once I'm dressed and made presentable I wake Wolfie up and take him with me to the dinning room for breakfast where my family is waiting for me a long with a few lords and ladies and mistresses gathered around the room eating as well. I take my seat and wolfie lays around my feet. I'm served by a shaky woman who stares openly at him. Father smiles at me and Skisha takes my hand. My sisters and mother don't look up from their plates or someone they're talking to. I eat in silence as lords and ladies talk around me of nothing but jewels and money with fake laughter.

    "Tell me you're just as bored as I am." Skisha whispers to me pushing her food around her plate and resting her hand on her little belly.

    "Very, perhaps once mother releases us we can go to the library to read together." She squeezes my hand and smiles brightly at me. I squeeze her hand back.

    "I would love that, sister. You can read to the baby!" She says excitedly.

    "That would be wonderful." We go back to eating waiting for mother to look at me or talk to us but she continues her conversation with one of the ladies of the court. Once people begin to finish eating and leaving mother has her plate taken away which is her signal that we have been released. Skisha stands to leave.

    "I have to tell Kahno where I'm going first then I'll meet you in the library, he worries far too much."

    "Well you are with child, you are much more delicate then you were before." She snorts very unladylike.

    "I bet if you were the one pregnant no one would treat you like you're made of flower petals that could be blown away by the wind at any moment."

    "You're right, maybe its better that I can't be then." She looks at me sadly and take my hand.

    "I didn't mean-"

    "I know sister, don't worry I'm not in pain any longer." She pats my hand and leaves. I stand and go to the king. "Father, I must talk to you, it's urgent." He looks between me and Wolfie surprised by the presence of the animal.

    "When did you get a hound? I don't remember allowing you to pick one out."

    "He's not a hound, now shall we go to your study?" He shifts uncomfortable still looking at wolfie. "He can wait outside." I reassure him. He stands.

    "Alright, this way dear." He leads the way to his study then shuts the door behind us. "So what is this about?" He sits down in his chair and I take the one in front of him politely.