Untitled Part 21

After I eat my fill of the rabbit I find a clothe to wrap it in and stow it in my bag for on the road snacking and we leave. For some reason I actually listen to the asshat and try to relax, my legs still hurt but I don't feel the stabbing pain in my spin anymore. The punch was still justified. Wolfie catches up trotting along side me somehow not scaring the horses. "What have you been up to Mr?" I ask him not expecting a response in the slightest just wanting to talk to something and I think Marrin is tired of me.

    "He can't talk you know?" Valtok snaps still angry at me for punching him. Wolfie growls at him letting it rumble in his chest threatening.

    "Calm down Wolfie I just punched him and he's still a little sore." Wolfie wags his thick tail with a surprisingly, weirdly, proud smile. I can tell by Valtok's tense shoulders that he's glaring and pouting solidly. Sigh, well I guess were both grumpy when traveling. I don't hate him, yet, I just can't be civil with him out here where he's acting like as ass. I never noticed this about him I guess, how he has to win and be right all the time. I hate this side I'm seeing here but I don't hate him, not completely. Wolfie does though, I still don't know why he hates Valtok so much they just met. I guess instincts? But then why don't mine feel the same way? What is he picking up I'm not? Is it me? Asking questions I can't answer wont help me figure it out at all though. As the sun goes down we get to the top of a hill over looking the town we've been traveling to as they start lighting the lanterns. "Should we keeping going to find an inn and sleep in actual beds tonight?" I ask when Valtok comes up beside me. He snorts kicking his horse forward again. As we travel down the hill to the village I realize its further then it looked and he means to make us travel the rest of the way at night.

    After and hour of nothing but travel and silence I get bored quickly, I kick my feet out of the stirrup. I suddenly get and idea to further my training that doesn't include pouting and drop the reins letting them sit on Marrin's neck. I pull my legs up under me so I'm clutching the saddle and crouching on her back. Wolfie looks up at me wagging his tail and it's pretty reassuring till Valtok turns around to look at me when I giggle and instantly starts yelling at me.

    "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! Get down right now Syl!" He screeches slowing so he's beside me and reaching over trying to get me down.

    "I'm practicing balance! Get off me or you're gunna hurt us both!" I snap slapping his hands away and shoving him off me. He stops be continues making disapproving noises.

    "You're going to hurt yourself! Or worse break your neck, please Syl just sit down!" I snort smiling down and Wolfie who slips under Marrin and pops up between me and Valtok nudging his horse away from me. I slowly let go of the saddle raising my arms up and out to the sides for more balance then slowly start to straighten my legs feeling the slight side to side movement of the horse under me as she walks I wobble a little trying to find her rhythm and match it so I don't tip over. When I find it I stand up more. "Sylenia I swear if you stop this right now I will talk all day and night to you I swear, I won't ever pout again please you're scaring me!" He begs trying to amble his horse past Wolfie and closer to me.

    "Don't beg, it's not your color." I smile standing fully and laughing feeling on top of the world. "Look at this! This is unbelievable!" I yell feeling little sparks dance across my skin. Must be my excitement. Wolfie barks happily with me and Valtok still looks worried.

    "Ok you've done it, now get down!" He yells. I roll my eyes as the little sparks on my arms start to grow in intensity, suddenly I feel the sparks on every inch of my skin and they start to burn me where they touch yet there is no fire. Looking to Valtok I find him and his horse even my horse has stopped, Wolfie is frozen with a paw lifted off the ground mid trot. I pull my arms out of the air and against my body trying not to touch anything as I turn around on Marrin's back looking for someone whose doing this. I see movement behind me out of the corner of my eye as I look around and twist quickly to see what it is then bend backwards as I see an arrow flying at my face. My boot slips on the saddle as Marrin starts moving again as if she's never stopped. The movement slams into me and I'm suddenly falling from way too high up. I scream and hit the ground hearing the sound of my arm bone snapping in half under my flesh. Blinding white hot pain forces a scream out of my lungs and tears streaming down my cheeks before I can think. "I can't believe you did that just for attention!" Valtok yells angrily then notices I'm gone and stops, jumping off his horse and running to me, Wolfie is already at my side worriedly hovering as I clutch the limb to my chest trying not to move because even blinking sends shooting pain through my arm. "What just happened? Sylenia!" Valtok asks kneeling beside me also hovering.