Untitled Part 28

Night after night I continue to sneak out of my tent and explore the forest around me feel more of a desperate need to find these spirits the little girl was talking about, maybe they could fix my eye. But I have n luck finding anything but trees and they don't whisper to me anymore. I sit between the great roots of an oak tree, ancient and creaking in the slight breeze.

"Please, I cannot survive like this. Half blind and still unable to tell lies from truths." I beg softly to the forest around me hoping they will hear my pain, my cries for help. A small tear leaks from my ruined eye and drips onto the roots.I curl up like a child and cry suddenly feeling everything all at once, everything that has built up over this very eventful journey. Almost dying, being betrayed, not knowing if my friends lived or died, everything I have learned about the people I thought were my family, what happened to my real family so long ago, losing my sight and being unable to fix it.

Suddenly I hear whispering all around me as I purge my soul from all that has happened to me. I look up wiping my eye on my sleeve and find silver haired and eyed women all around me. as I look at them I almost don't see they, everything about them seems as if they come from the ground and are the forest themselves but then I can distinguish them from the surroundings, and then they are as ancient as the trees and young as new grass, focusing on them hurts my eyes and searching for them hurts my mind.

"Do not weep young one." One of them whispers to me but none of their mouths move.

"Who are you?"

"We are the one you called for. We are the spirits of the forest, the souls of the trees, the very wind in your hair. Now tell us what is troubling you?"

"I have lost sight in one of my eyes and the other is un-healable, I no longer know who I should trust or what is the real truth. No I only have one eye to rely upon and it has made me see no clearer. I am to start a war but my heart tells me it will be not be worth the bloodshed." I pour all my fears and doubts out to them.

"We know of your strife child, and we can see the future you fear so greatly, but my dear you are the key to the war. If you do not fight the fae are doomed to fail and they will fight without you if they must. But if you do fight you will not survive to see the new world this war will create." They lay the heaviest burden on me yet. "The people you should trust are the ones true to your heart, they will be the ones you need to truly win in the end. You will know them only in the end. You are the weapon this war will be fought with and it is your choice to fight or to run." One of them comes closer to me slowly. She kneels in front of me.

"There is not much we can do about your eye but we can show you how to heal it yourself." She holds out her hands palms up. I place mine in hers and she grasps them tightly. Fire burns up my arms and I struggle to not pull away. Once the fire burns its way to my neck then through the rest of my body I suddenly understand what they mean by show me how to heal myself, they give me their knowledge on healing. "We do not give this knowledge to many, but you are kin and you are all alone now it is the least we can do before we leave you again. We can only give knowledge like this in this form, we may be powerful but we are more powerful when we are connected to the earth, good luck young one." She kisses my forehead and then they all dissipate.

For the rest of the night once I get back to my tent I work on healing my eye. Feeling the power begin in my chest I move it up though my throat and along my spine to my eye socket where I let it burn me until the pain is white hot. The first time I did it I looked in the mirror as soon as the fire dispersed and found that it had a slight change like I fast forwarded the healing by a day, it was less red around the edges and looked less swollen. I continued the process for the rest of the night feeling it slowly but sure heal itself. Soon enough I fall asleep exhausted.