Laughter

Caelen couldn't sleep she was too excited for Christmas. It was late, one in the morning, when she gave up and shuffled sleepily toward her father's room. She clambered up into his bed, knowing she'd be welcome, and snuggled up next to Remus. "Daddy, you awake?" She whispered loudly.

Remus chuckled pulling her close and tucking the blankets around her, "no, are you?" He joked kissing her hair gently.

Caelen nuzzled into her father's arms, "nope" she replied yawning, her eyes finally closing with exhaustion. 

Remus chuckled softly, "sleep well cub."

The pair slept peacefully after that, not waking until eight. Caelen cuddled against Remus, "morning daddy, merry Christmas!" She cheered a sleepy grin lighting up her little face.

"Merry Christmas cub, want your presents now?"

Just like their first Christmas Caelen shook her head no, "no your presents first be right back!" She rushed from the room her little feet pattering rapidly across the floor causing Remus to chuckle. She came back with a large rectangular shaped present wrapped in red and gold stripes and a smaller box in the same paper. "Minerva helped me wrap them," she told her father obviously proud of herself.

Remus pulled her up into his lap unwrapping the book first, "do you have that one?" His daughter asked nervously, "I didn't think I'd ever seen it but wasn't sure..."

"No I don't, thank you Caelen."

"Oh good!" The girl looked relieved her smiling growing, "ok next present!"

He laughed at her excitement before reaching towards the smaller package. As he pulled out the little pin it began to glow, a small light through Caelen's pajama top mirroring it.

Caelen pulled her necklace out to show him. "The lady at the shop said they're special, they glow different colors to show our moods when we're together, and let us know if the other is in danger when we're apart. I liked them because yours is a big moon and mines little. Do you like them daddy?"

"Very much cub," Remus nodded placing his pin on his collar, "what does yellow mean?"

"I think she said yellow means we're happy..?" She responded tapping the glowing yellow moon on her dad's shirt. "They're a really pretty blue stone when they aren't lighting up."

"They're perfect, thank you cub." Remus leaned over the edge of his bed pulling several packages up and placing them in front of his little girl, "here you are, merry Christmas!"

She received a new sweater from Mrs Weasley, a stocking cap and warm leather gloves from the twins, Ron gave her his usual gift of sweets, Hermione bought her a book of beginner potions. Harry, who had been secretly encouraging a love of quiditch, gave her a snitch charm for her bracelet. The snitch fluttered as it touched her skin and then lay still beside the other charms. Remus gave her some practical gifts, books, art supplies, new quills, a light blue colored cloak with a soft white and grey fur lining, and three new charms, a broom, a book, and a caldron. The broom raced a lap around her wrist before settling in it's place next to the snitch. The caldron bubbled briefly before settling down and the book flipped it's pages noisily before stilling as the others had. "Thank you daddy they're perfect." She whispered hugging the man tightly around his neck.

"I'm glad you like them," Remus laughed hugging her in return, "here this came in the mail it's from uncle Surius."

Caelen opened the letter first, dear Caelen, hello mini moony. Well there's the whole "I'm sorry I didn't get to be around before" thing. I assume I get to be uncle Sirius and with that in mind I get to spoil you so hey Christmas first opportunity! Although I'm sure I've missed a birthday, sorry bout that, you'll have to let me know when it is so I don't miss the next one. Anyhow, being on the run and all buying a gift was difficult but I managed to get you something, hope you like it.
            Lots of love
                             Favorite uncle Sirius