Chaos at a wedding

Caelen kept expecting things to settle, even go back to normal, but they didn't. Sirius came around less and less until eventually she only saw him at order meetings, which were no longer held at Grimmauld. She didn't blame him really. As much as it hurt she understood. But she felt as if she'd lost him sometimes.

Her party was late that year, given their losses, and she'd refused a big event, preferring to spend a quiet evening with the ones she considered her family.

"I told you no presents," she scolded as she cuddled into Sirius's side toward the end of the evening.

"Can't stop me puppy," the man laughed and kissed her forehead. "Remember what we talked about? Last time you stayed with me?"

"You and Harry are heading off to find a way to stop you know who." The girl replied quietly.

Sirius nodded, "day after his birthday, when the trace will be gone. Should make the Weasley wedding but I wanted to give you this now, in case. From Harry and I."

Caelen opened it slowly, "your mirror?"

"Harry's actually, mostly on loan. I don't know where we'll be so promise you'll only use it if you have to?"

She nodded and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. "Don't leave me, not for good, promise?" He girl whispered.

Sirius felt as if she'd reached in and clawed at his heart. He closed his eyes tightly against the moisture there. "Promise Pup, stay safe Alright? Look after your daddy, and Tonks."

Caelen watched him leave, tears rolling down her cheeks. Deep down she didn't expect to see him at the wedding.

"Cub," Remus whispered, coming to kneel behind her at the window. "Found this in Nut's things. She'd already bought your gift..."

Caelen stared at the package, a small sob escaping as she accepted it. "You think things will go back to normal?" She whispered.

Remus sighed and drew her into his arms, " I hope not, all this would be rather pointless if nothing changed. We can't stay in one place Cub, no matter how nice that place is. Everyone has to keep moving and growing, learning."

"I just want you and all of us to be safe and together," the girl sobbed. "Every time I think things are going well or getting better something new happens."

"I know cub," Remus whispered, holding her close. "I'm sorry."

"Did you tell her?" Tonks's voice called cheerfully from the doorway.

"Not yet."

Caelen's gaze shifted questioningly from her father's uncertain gaze to the woman's excited one. "What?"

Tonks beamed and knelt in front of the girl, "we have a surprise!"

Caelen glanced toward her father.

"How would you feel about adding to our family?" The metamorphagus breathed out excitedly.

Caelen gave her a blank look, "now?"

"In a few months."

"Daddy?"

Remus ran a hand through his hair nervously, "Caelen, Cub..."

Tonks took his hand and squeezed encouragingly. "We're having a little one kiddo," she winked at the girl. "You're going to be the most amazing big sister."

A myriad of emotions seemed to rush across the girl's face as she studied the pair of them. "You're pregnant?" She clarified eventually.

"We are," Tonks nodded, still grinning.