Epilogue

Remus sat in his quarters with his son cradled against his chest as he planned out the first lesson of the new term. Under Harry's word and headmistress McGonagall's insistence Snape had been reinstated as potions master, a job he didn't much hate now that the weight of his task had been lifted from his shoulders, and Remus was the new defense professor once more. With one minor adjustment, he'd also been made head of Gryffindor house.

The man shifted as a familiar, small, elf owl, winged its way into the room. Remus smiled softly as he unrolled the parchment.

Daddy, you were right, I survived the train ride without you and made a friend. It wasn't as good as with you but it wasn't half as bad as I expected. The commons and dorms are so cozy and the prefects gave us all chocolates to welcome us to the house.

Is it weird I miss you even though your right down the hall? I guess it doesn't matter. Uncle Sev passed me on our way to the dorms and gave me a hug, I wanna get him a new stone for his necklace, it won't be magic like before but the chain looks odd without it. Maybe we could go searching for something on the coast next summer?

Give Teddy an extra kiss for me, I know he and poppa must've arrived by now. Don't tell poppa I'm not a Gryffindor. I know it's pointless as I'm sure he'll notice come breakfast but I'm not ready. At least he doesn't hate Badgers huh? Love you all more than anything.

Sirius hovered over his shoulder, hair dripping as he halfheartedly toweled it dry from his shower

Sirius hovered over his shoulder, hair dripping as he halfheartedly toweled it dry from his shower. "Rem, how do you get into Hufflepuff? I gotta let my Puppy know how proud I am."

Remus smiled and pulled the man down for a gentle kiss, more content, at peace, and loved than he could've ever imagined.

__________________________

Ahhhhhhh 😱😱😱😱😱😱 all the screaming. I'm gonna go lose my mind I'm just so ridiculously proud!!!! I hope you all loved this as much as i did. Later my amazing fantastic lovely readers! Lupin's cub is finished!!!