The aura will tell

Remus sat on the edge of his bed, a pair of unopened letters beside him and a book in his lap. Caelen would be starting school in a month and he was finally finishing the book Nuntis had gifted him. He didn't really understand the significance at first, auras didn't seem like something the woman would've found important, certainly not something he'd have expressed interest in on his own.

His eyes stared unseeing at his dresser as he pondered what he'd read, a thought niggling at him that he couldn't quite work out. "Pads," he called to the man as he moved down the hall, having moved back in with the little family, "what color was it I said you were, the time you and Caelen pranked my tea?"

"Ummmm red?" The man mumbled thoughtfully, pausing in the doorway. "Red and green."

Remus nodded thoughtfully and refocused on the book in his lap. He remembered now, Sirius smirking with his daughter as he'd sipped his hot chocolate, the man glowing clear red but mostly a shade of green. He skimmed over the bullets for the colors.

Clear red: Energetic, competitive, sexual, passionate.

A wry grin graced his lips as he trailed his finger further down the page in search of the other color and his eyes jerked upward to meet Sirius' curious gaze. "You said green?" He asked needlessly. He remembered, Remus already knew the answer to his question.

"Think so," Black murmured and took a curious step into the room. "What's this about Rem?"

Remus refocused on the book.

Green: nature, growth, balance....love.

He recalled that moment, remembering how the red had been strongest until Sirius' eyes had landed on him, the silvery orbs crinkly happily in his minds eye. He'd been looking at him, when his aura had turned green, Sirius had been staring at Remus.

The book slipped from his hands and he stared, gobsmacked, at his best friend.

"Rem?"

"—Sirius," Remus interrupted softly and stood, approaching the other man, "I believe perhaps we should have a talk?" He held out the retrieved book, finger directing sirius' attention toward the bulleted list.

Sirius blanched and starred at the list, much as Remus had a moment prior. "Sort of a soft, unreliable magic Rem, you, you really shouldn't, shouldn't just go off on some theory—"

"—tell me I've come to the wrong conclusion Sirius," Lupin interrupted in a soft voice, brown eyes slowly moving up to meet grey, "tell me you don't love me."

Sirius took a deep shaky breath and lowered his eyes, expecting rejection but unable to hold the truth any longer. "I can't," he whispered. "I've loved you since we were teenagers."

Remus huffed a breathy laugh and shook his head, "you daft burk, honestly."

"Rem I've ignored it this long," Sirius began hurriedly, assuming the worst. "It doesn't have to change anything—"

"—like hell it doesn't," Remus growled and pulled Sirius into him, claiming his lips with his own. "I love you too, wanker."

Sirius didn't let him get anymore out as he wrapped his arms around him, pulling him into another breathless kiss.

_____

Caelen smirked at the two men sitting across from her at the kitchen table. They both shifted anxiously, Sirius fidgeting and avoiding her gaze.

"Cub, there's something," Remus attempted to begin and ran a hand through shaggy brown hair.

Sirius' arm moved and Caelen knew he'd reached for her father's hand under the table, anchoring the both of them.

"What your dad is trying to say," Sirius choked out, not getting any further than Remus had.

Caelen tried hard not to giggle at the pair.

"See Caelen," Remus took a deep breath and powered on, "well, Sirius and I. We've been complete idiots."

"Oh I agree," she couldn't quite help but laugh, imagining what Nuts would think of she were observing this.

Remus bit his lip, misunderstanding the response and Sirius squeezed his hand. "I love you puppy, and Teddy, and your dad."

"I know you do Sirius, we love you too," she replied instantly.

Sirius dropped his head on the table with a groan. Remus cringed and made an abortive movement with his free hand to rub the red mark on his love's forehead. "No, baby, you don't understand. Your daddy and I we, love each other."

"I know that," Caelen laughed again.

The two men shared a look, both still convinced she didn't. "Cae—"

"I was thinking Poppa," she mused thoughtfully, glancing expectantly toward the men. "That sound alright to you?" She directed the question toward Sirius.

It took the man a moment to comprehend and when he did his eyes went misty, "that sounds amazing," he murmured.

"Good, that's settled then," she laughed at the incredulous looks her fathers were exchanging. "Who's hugging me first?"

The pair nearly climbed over their chairs in their rush to crush the girl between them.

Caelen giggled, cuddling into their hug. "Your delivery needs some work, better practice before Molly tries setting you both up with nice girls, hate for her to get the wrong idea."

Sirius groaned and Remus chuckled, "she wasn't half this obnoxious before you got ahold of her," he accused.

Sirius smirked proudly and kissed his cheek, "I'm entitled to rub off on my little girl I think."

Remus merely snorted and held the pair a little tighter. They all shifted at the sound of Teddy's cries, "I'll go," he murmured and kissed both of their cheeks before hurrying after his son.

"Happy now unc-poppa?"

"Happiest I think I've ever been puppy," he murmured, lifting the girl into his arms and carrying her to the sofa.

"Don't know why you were so nervous, I already knew you loved Daddy."

"Knowing a thing and getting a thing are two totally different, uh, things," Sirius replied as he cuddled his daughter close.

"Maybe," she shrugged, "but Nuts and I were trying for this thing before either of you dummies even admitted it."

Sirius just laughed.

_______

Very short epilogue and I get to push that beautiful complete button!!! Omg!!!