Ch.1 Nothing Special

I'm a street kid what could I say most people call me worthless, but it doesn't bother me, mostly because it's true. I don't live on the street however, I live in an apartment on a really bad side of town, in my home New Orleans. I go to high school, it sucks like every other school on the planet. Paige is my name, my gang(the black dragons) calls me P, for short. I mostly spend most of my time after school in Alleyways watching people smoke weed, fight, and have sex. But it's better than my home, hard to believe. I call my self the Pessimist of the wold mostly because that's how I see it. I don't believe in friends, I believe in people with benefits, I don't mean sexually or giving me money, I mean I believe a person can rely on the other, but that's it. Because everything ends, it's true, love dies, flowers fade, music gets old, people betray others, happiness is temporary, so on and on.

*****************
I wake up to the sound of car alarms every morning...UGHhh, I yell as I slam my fist in my pillow. I fall out of bed, dust myself off. Take a shower, clothes, makeup, hair, make sure I have money for after school like regular. It's mid-winter, snow is falling most cars are not on the road but school is still in.
I walk to school since it's only a four block walk away. When I get to school I go to all of my classes the day goes fairly fast, I only have one my class 7th period math. I hated that class. When I got in there a lady was propped up against a bookshelf watching everyone come in, I stopped and looked at her, she looked at me back, I broke eye contact, then sat down. I sighed as I knew what was happening, they do this every dam year...... An in-turn they always get young inexperienced girls to come in the classroom to "observe" and "teach". Don't get me wrong I'm not against it, but it's hard paying attention in class when you have someone "observing you" /watching your every move and body language.
The tardy bell rang and Mrs. Curt came in the room, our old math teacher, who I didn't like.
Hello, class, she says as she motions for the woman who was in the back of the room to come up. She does so and is right beside Mrs.Curt. "Okay class this is our beautiful in-turn, Miss Chloe. She will be here for a few months so be on your best behavior", Mrs.Curt said in a stern voice.
"Yes Mam," the class said
"Hi, Miss Chloe," one of the preps said
Then another kid said hey, and it kept going on and on, till Mrs.Curt said "that's enough hellos class"
"Hello, class" Miss Chloe said in a quit timid voice,
I was looking down getting a headache from all the "hey s "and "hellos".
But I looked up when she spoke almost if it was instinct. She turned to look at me with a slight smile. I felt my face heat up so I turned to look at Mrs.Curt who was beside her. Mrs. Curt noticed me and that I barely look at her, then she looked around at the class and asked if we wanted to introduce ourselves, most of the class said yes so we did, I was in the middle of the 5th row so I had some time to think. When it came my time I stayed seated and froze in my perfect posture I rarely had. Finally, I said quietly "umm, my names Paige, I hate school, my favorite hobby is sleeping and an interesting fact about me is I have a tattoo." Then I smiled at Miss Chloe right in the eye then leaned back in my seat.
She looked surprised, then gave me a confused look and then her eyes searched my body, as all the other students told her about their selves, I could tell she wasn't listening as her eyes were on me the whole time.
I was in a black V neck T-shirt, and dark blue ripped skinny jeans with my black vans. She was either looking for my tattoo or she was checking me out...I really don't know.
I was interrupted from my thoughts to here Mrs.Curt clear her throat.Miss Chloe looked away from me and smiled at everyone and said: "thank you for sharing everyone". After that's the class asked her random questions like "do you have any pets" and "What is your favorite color ?" stuff like that.
The bell rung and I shot out of class to head to the alley way where my gang, known as "the black dragons" always hung out in.
It was mid winter, cold, snowy, and the roads where filled with crushed ice. The non busy streets made me smile to see the loneliness I felt inside.
I get to the alleyway and I disappear in it. I walk to the end and turned a left. I go inside a room that's almost as big as three classrooms combined. It had a mini bar and the rest were tables with  drugs and weed, my friends who were mostly all guys. They were attractive but I wasn't attracted to them, they knew I was not a straight line if you know what I mean. But they accepted it and stood beside me no matter what. That's what I love about street gangs, there covered in tattoos but yet the have heart for people like me, like them, They hate what I hate, the people who have it all, the people who look down on others.
"Ya know its to cold just to be wearing a T shirt", my friend named Lee said.