Ch.11 One more day till I face you

Paige's POV.
It's been fun, really fun. Lee and I have been running around everywhere. He's even bought me more than a hundred dollars worth of clothes. He's a great guy. I know, he knows that I can't stop thinking about Chloe but he doesn't push. I just need him to know how grateful I am for letting me come along.
    I know I am tougher now. My walls are still growing around my slowly freezing heart. I've made my guard a lot stronger and I hope no one knocks it down. I won't let them, I can't.
  I wake up to mark humming a song I slowly rise and look at him in amusement.
  -Dude what's the happy mood for. 

I start to laugh.

"Because we get drugs tonight, and you are getting a surprise in the morning"
  -Okay

 I say cheerfully.

  I jump out of bed, take a shower, dress in some freaking new clothes I got from yesterday. When I get out of the shower, I dry my hair, and but in a mild amount of makeup, and then go outside to take a much-needed smoke.
  I don't usually smoke but I deserve a pack or two from what I've been through last few days. I open a pack and start inhaling deep. I sit on the hood of the car and enjoy the sweetness of nicotine. I hear Lee on the phone, I assume someone back at the club. I don't listen or try to east drop because I know it's none of my business. So I don't.

Lees POV
I'm talking to Mark again this morning because he called me again.
-so
"So you know that girl, what's her name, she brought Paige when she was shot here, Ch.."
-Chloe?
"Yeah, that's right,"
-what about the bitch.
I say bitterly
"Well she showed up last night"
-for
"As..Asking for Chloe"
-what did you say
"I said, she wasn't here"
-did she ask were she was
"No"
-oh
"She looked really worried, maybe it was guilt, anyway she looked really sad"
-it was probably an act.
I said once again bitterly
"Maybe"
He sighed
-is that all?
"What if she asks to come in?"
-let her, but tell Drake to make a conversation with her and see what he can find out.okay?
"Alright"
I hung up the phone and walked around the corner. Paige was on the car smoking.
"I hope this isn't addictions I see happening"
She blew smoke from her mouth and smiled.
"Never"
-okay
We go inside pack our things and head out. I drive for two hours in silence.
"Thanks for bringing me"
-your welcome
"And buying me clothes"
-your welcome
"And lettering me cry on your shirt"
-your welcome
"You get the point right?" She laughs
-yeah
We laugh in unison and she turns up the radio to "no type".
  We stop by a food joint and eat at a dinner. After that, we are back on the road. He lets me drive a few hours to let him sleep get ready for tonight.  Before I know we are at the location 44 minutes early. So we wait.
   A black Chevy truck pulls up, shiny and the Windows tented.
Two men step out of the back seat of each side at the same time. They are in suits, their hair is gelled. The driver says the car the man in the passenger seat steps out.
  Lee gets out of the car and I do the same. He walks up to the men nods his head and gives each a firm handshake.
  I bring the suitcase and hand it to Lee.
"The drugs," he says genuinely.
  The man shakes his head and gets the cover off the truck.
  We walk over to the truck and see three sealed chest. The men bring them out of the car and open each one.
   All of the chest each had a different drug.weed, heroin, Ecstasy.
   We give the suitcase and show the money. Our exchange was peaceful.
  We pack the chest in the trunk. Lee and I now start to make our way back.

  Lees POV
We are on the road and I just can't stop thinking about what will happen when we get back. I stop and get another hotel room. We go and don't even bother to bring our clothes in. It's 11:00. I go back to see Paige already sleeping peacefully. I go outside to check on the car.
  "Pink Panther ringtone" is going off.
It's my phone.
-hello?
"It's Mark"
-hey, what is it
"Chloe came tonight"
-same act?
"What do you mean?"
-the same face, worried, as you told me this morning
"Oh yeah, same act"
-what did she do, and what about you
"I let her in, she wants to the bar, and Drake started to talk to her, then she left.
-was she drunk when she left?
"No"
-when did she arrive tonight
"Around 9"
-did she ask for Paige again
"Yes, and she asked where"
-what did you say
"Said she was out and wasn't here"
-okay, is Drake still there
"Yeah isn't only 11, he's still making drinks"
-Yeah get him, I need to talk to him
"Okay"
  A minute of silence goes by, then a familiar voice comes on the phone.
"What's up, homie"
-nothing much
I laugh
"So you wanna know what she said?"
-yeah
"She didn't give me an exact reason, just she did something horrible and afraid that Paige saw."
-ding,ding,ding.she's correct
"So when are you and her getting back"
-tomorrow,
"Great it doesn't feel the same!"
-thanks
"Alright I'll see you later"
-sounds great, bye
   The call ends. I feel better that Chloe knows that Paige saw, I can't wait to hear her excuse.
Next morning
Paige and I are on the road again. It's now noon and I'm wondering if I should tell Paige about Chloe. I decide not to.
"Did you mention a surprise yesterday"
- yeah
"What is it"
-we are almost there
I pull beside a car lot filled with the finest of cars in. She turns to me with the most cheeky grin.
"Wow" she stutters
We walk into the car lot and walk around.
-Pick anyone you want, and I will get it
"No, no you don't have to do that, I can pay you back," she says
-no
"Ugh, fine" she sighs
We walk around some more.
She starts jumping up and down like a mad woman!!!!
"This!one this one!
She points to a 20015 blue Sahara Jeep
that's looks likes her style.
-out of all the fine cars out here, you pick a jeep
I laugh and her smile gets even wider.
"Yes"
-alright.
We walk..more like a ride out of the place. She drives the Jeep and follows me all the way back to New Orleans.
We get back to the alley in style.
I can't wait to see how tonight goes.

Hey, hey, hey. Thanks for reading! Give this chapter alike I really would be grateful.
Make sure you check out the songs I put in these chapters.
-no type. By Rae Sremmurd
And smile back which was in the last chapter.
Smile back. Mac Miller