Chapter 1.10 (The spectacular catch)

(Dylan O'Brien as Harry James Potter. Despite having a lot of respect for Daniel Radcliffe, I just never really see him when I read about Harry in the books. I mean he only looked like Harry in the third movie, if you ask me. So I've decided on Dylan O'Brien because he's just perfect as Harry.)

Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay. -Dalai Lama

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
November 3 1991

The next morning the Great Hall was filled with the delicious smell of fried sausages and the cheerful chatter of everyone looking forwards to a good Quidditch match.

"You've got to eat some breakfast."

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast." Begged Hermione.

"I'm not hungry."

"Harry, you need your strength." Said Seamus Finnigan. "Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team."

"Thanks, Seamus." Artemis rolled her eyes. "Brilliant peptalk you got there." 

Dean laughed loudly as Seamus started stuttering.. "I-I mean.. not..er..you're-"

"Yo, Thomas, could you pass me the fruit?" Artemis interrupted Seamus's rambling by turning to his best friend. 

He handed it over with a weird look. "Did you just say yo?" Dean raised an eyebrow.

She smiled. "Thank you and yeah...yeah I did." She winked, as she picked out a bright red apple and bit in it. "Problem?"

"Er...no. Just weird." Dean shrugged.

"So, it's normal for her to call you by your last name?" Seamus raised an eyebrow

"It's Artemis..." Dean laughed. "Who knows what goes on in that pretty blonde head of hers."

"Aw, did you just call me pretty, Deaney?" Artemis batted her eyeslashes at him, smirking a little.

"Oh, cut it off, Lupin." Dean rolled his eyes. "I'm not falling for that."

"You know you love me, Thomas." For some reason Artemis had developed a close bond to Dean. They messed with each other all the time in the common room, often flirting teasingly.

Hermione was used to their antics but Ron and Harry were wearing identical blazing looks of what could only be described as jealousy.

Well, at least Harry is distracted. Artemis thought to herself as she saw him glaring at Dean, shoving food in his mouth as if he were wishing he could bite Dean's head off.

Harry left early to get a last-minute pep talk from Oliver Wood, the Quidditch captain. The mail arrived, about five minutes after Harry had gone and Artemis noticed a large grey owl in between the others, soaring above the four tables. It was Hilde, the Lupin family owl and she landed just beside Artemis's plate, carrying two letters. One was for Artemis, the other for her brother. Artemis took them both, threw Jace's letter to him across the table, fed the owl some of her bacon and Hilde flew away again.

Ara,

You tell me I shouldn't be worried but do you know what your letter sounds like to me? Don't scare me like that again! It's for the best that I know perfectly well that you can take care of yourself or else I would've flooed myself to the castle and demand some answers. You've always been so attracted to trouble. Where Jace causes it, you usually find it. I've always said you were far too perceptive for your own good.