Chapter 1.16 (The seven chambers)

(Matthew Lewis as Neville Frank Longbottom)

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. -E. E. Cummings

We only have about three chapters left including a Marauder chapter. It'll be quick updates from now on because I've already started writing the new book. Which I will update somewhere next week probably. It'll be called: 'The woman in the mirror' and it will of course be about Artemis's second year but also about Tom Riddle and the Marauder's fifth year, I think.

So I hope you'll enjoy these last few chapters!

♡♡♡♡

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
June 19 1992

When Artemis returned to the common room the others were already there. Professor McGonagall had send Harry and Ron away from the third floor and Hermione lost Snape. "Well, that's it then, isn't it?" Harry said. The other three stared at him. "I'm going out of here tonight and I'm going to try and get to the Stone first."

"You're mad!" Ron exclaimed.

"You can't!" Said Hermione. "After what McGonagall and Snape have said? You'll be expelled!"

"SO WHAT?" Harry shouted. "Don't you understand? If Snape gets hold of the Stone, Voldemort's coming back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There won't be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He'll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts! Losing points doesn't matter anymore, can't you see? D'you think he'll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the House Cup? If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursleys and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have, because I'm never going over to the Dark Side! I'm going through the trapdoor tonight and nothing you three say is going to stop me! Voldemort killed my parents, remember?" He glared at them.

"You're right, Harry." Said Hermione in a small voice.

"I'll use the Invisibility Cloak." Said Harry. "It's just lucky I got it back."

"But will it cover all four of us?" Asked Ron.

"All...all four of us?"

"Oh, please, Harry. If you think that we're going to let you die alone down there, you're mad. Besides, how do you think you're going to be able to pass all those advanced spells on your own?" Artemis pointed out.

"But if we get caught, you three will be expelled too."

"Not if we can help it." Said Artemis grimly. "Dumbledore told me in secret that Hermione, Elizabeth and I are the best students they've had in 50 years. Hermione had a 112% in Charms, Elizabeth full marks in Potions, which hasn't happened since Snape became a Professor and I passed everything, even Astronomy, with 91% or higher. They're not throwing us out after that."

"How do you even get more than a 100%?" Ron muttered in annoyance.

Artemis went to take a nap before they left to save the Stone while Harry, Ron and Hermione made it down to dinner and waited nervously in the common room. Artemis had a dreamless sleep and she felt well-rested when she changed into her own clothes. She was always happy to get out of her uniform.

She decided on a pair of jeans, comfortable black boots and a dark blue t-shirt. She braided her long golden hair into a fishtail and made sure her wand was safely tucked in her boot.

She sat down on her bed, unclasped her diary from her bracelet and opened it, taking out one of the quills, using it to write.

Even after so many hours of studying every seperate teacher, I can't say I've finally found the prove I needed. Time's up. Today we're going down that trapdoor and see for ourselves who it is that has been helping Lord Voldemort returning to power.