Chapter 1.12 (The Philosopher's Stone)

(Colin Ford as Jace Cygnus Lupin)

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. -Albert Einstein

So today it's Kingsday in Holland but instead of walking around the little marketplaces and playing games I've been doing since my very first Kingsday, (Still Queensday back then.) my parents decided to take us all out of the all orange country this year!

Honestly, the amount of orange you see on kingsday is just...ridiculous. However, if you ever want to go and feel like you visited a great pumpkin...do visit Holland. With it's tulips and cheese and whatever sort of weird, outdated ideas you have of it.

(And no, Holland is NOT just Amsterdam although yes, we're allowed to smoke weed here...)

Anyways, the big news is that instead of playing 'spijkerpoepen' in Holland, I'm going to the Harry Potter Studios! Because yes, I'm in England. Oxford to be exact and I'm seriously excited for today!

So yeah, to celebrate this important day...here's another chapter!
♡♡♡♡

The Lupin residence
England, Great Britain
January 5 1992

"Ari, Ari!" Selena flew her sister around the neck. "Don't go! Stay here with me."

Christmas break was almost over and time seemed to have flown past. Artemis hadn't thought about Nicholas Flamel the entire time, but now, while she was packing to go back to Hogwarts, she realised she still had to ask her father if he knew anything about it.

"I'm sorry, Lena. You know I have to." She said sadly. "I can't wait until you go as well. It would make it even more perfect." She hugged her sister back. "Do you know where dad is?"

"In his study, I believe." Selena let go of Artemis and helped her pack the last of her clothes before Artemis left her to go play outside with Lulu and her older sisters Bibi and Kiki. They were fraternal twins and would go to Hogwarts next year.

Artemis's father was sitting behind his desk, his head in his hands as he sighed deeply. The full moon would be here again soon. "Hey dad, can I ask you something?" She whispered, trying not to make his headache any worse.

"Of course." He said up straight and tried his best to give her one of his comforting smiles.

"If I asked you something that I am actually not allowed to ask or even know anything about, would you still answer me and yet pretend you never heard my question?"

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Artemis Hope Lupin, what kind of trouble did you get into now?" He sighed.

"Who says I'm in trouble. I never get in trouble. Totally trouble-free." She said, looking at him with innocent eyes.

He didn't fall for it. "Really? Then please explain, how did you end up fighting a full-grown mountain troll in a toilet again?"

"I was saving my friend after Ronald Weasley made her cry. How's that my fault?"

"Running into a forbidden corridor, where a three-headed dog is staying, at midnight after being specifically told not to go there."

"Well, funny story, Draco challenged Harry for a duel and I knew he was planning something so, of course, I followed them and then Neville fell over his own feet...lots and lots of noise...and then there was Peeves and he tricked Filch while we opened the locked door and..."

Remus raised an eyebrow as if to say. 'How is this not trouble?' "That time you got lost in the woods and returned with a venomous plant you called Squeaky?"