Chapter 1.14 (The dragon has left the building)

(Uriah Shelton as Luca Ryder Matthews)

"It's impossible." Said Pride
"It's risky." Said Experience
"It's pointless." Said Reason.
"Give it a try." Whispered the Heart.
-unknown

So an extra long chapter today, over 4300 words. Normally it's between 3000 and 4000 so this one is really long. I hope you enjoy it! Please vote and/or comment. You would make my day! Love from Pip

♡♡♡♡

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
May 2 1992

Even though Artemis had looked at the bite the day before, Norbert's fangs looked as if they were poisonous because Ron's hand had swollen to twice its usual size. They didn't know whether it was safe to go to Madam Pomfrey. Maybe she could recognise the bite of a dragon. By the afternoon, Ron had no choice. The cut had turned a nasty shade of green.

"It's not just my hand." Ron whispered as the others went to visit him in the hospital wing. "Although it feels like it's about to fall off. Malfoy told Madam Pomfrey he wanted to borrow one of my books so he could come and have a good laugh at me. He kept threatening to tell her what really bit me...I've told her it was a dog, but I don't think she believes me...I shouldn't have hit him at the Quidditch match, that's why he's doing this."

"It'll all be over at midnight on Saturday." Said Hermoine, but this didn't soothe Ron at all.

On the contrary, he sat bolt upright and broke into a sweat. "Midnight on Saturday!" He said in a hoarse voice. "Oh no...oh no... I've just remembered...Charlie's letter was in that book Malfoy took, he's going to know we're getting rid of Norbert."

"You have got to be kidding me!" Artemis exclaimed just before Madam Pomfrey came over and cut off their conversation.

"It's too late to change the plan now." Harry told the girls. "We haven't got time to send Charlie another owl, and this could be our only chance to get rid of Norbert. We'll have to risk it. And we have got the Invisibility Cloak, Malfoy doesn't know about that."

They went to tell Hagrid, who opened a window to talk to them. "I won't let you in." He puffed. "Norbert's at a tricky stage...nothin' I can't handle."

"Yay, great! The dragon has hit puberty. Life keeps getting better." Artemis complained.

When they told Hagrid about Charlie's letter, his eyes filled with tears, although that might have been because Norbert had just bitten him on the leg. "Aargh! It's all right, he only got my boot...jus' playin'...he's only a baby, after all." The baby banged its tail on the wall, making the windows rattle. The trio walked back to the castle feeling Saturday couldn't come quickly enough.

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
May 5 1992

"Mr. Lupin," Professor McGonagall looked like she was beyond done with Artemis's older brother. Her lips were pulled in a thin line and she was glaring at him from over her glasses. "Could you, please, for once...act your age!"

Jace shrugged casually. "I'm sorry, Professor. I don't know how to act my age. I've never been this old before."

Professor McGonagall stared at Jace. He stared back with his familiar smirk playing around his lips. His hands in his pockets and his eyes sparkling with, what Artemis could only describe as: 'The Jace-look'. Which basically said: 'I've done something very bad but I regret nothing and I know you liked it too.'

"Detention, Mr. Lupin. And don't ever let me catch you enchanting the floor again."

"But Professor, you have to admit, it was pretty impressive." Jace said, using his natural charm. "I mean, as a Transfiguration teacher, you should be a little proud of me for Transfiguring it into a ice-skating rink?"