The Marauders: Chapter 1 (The cousin of James Potter)

(Keira Knightley as Annalise Carabell Bouchard)

So this is going to be the first Marauders chapter. It sets in the 1970's...obviously. The time otherwise known as the Marauder era. I'm also working on a Tom Riddle era but it probably won't be published with this book, but rather with the next. One of the reasons being that Tom Riddle won't really be important until the second book. I'm mainly going to be writing from Adeline's point of view. This chapter being an exception. So I hope you'll enjoy it and please, make my day, and push that vote button!

♡♡♡♡

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

The Potter mansion
England, Great Britain
September 1 1975

"Annie, hurry up!" James called. "You don't want to be late on our first day, now do you?"

James packed the last of his stuff and hurried downstairs "Have you called Annalise?" Fleamont Potter asked, taking the trunk from his only son.

"Yes, I did." James looked up to see his cousin coming down the stairs. She was having trouble with her trunk. James rolled his eyes and ran up the stairs to help her. Together they managed to get down without accidents and Annalise thanked him.

"Take my arm, Anna." Euphemia Potter smiled at her niece. Annalise had been home-schooled until this year. Her parents used to travel often as famous Quidditch players. That was until just mere weeks ago... She had been living with her aunt and uncle ever since.

Euphemia Apparated the girl to King's Cross station, followed quickly by her husband and son. James immediately looked around for his friends while her uncle Fleamont helped Annalise settle in.

"SIRIUS!" James eventually shouted and Annalise could just see two blackhaired boys running towards each other. One was obviously her cousin with his hazel eyes hidden behind glasses, his messy jet-black hair and tall stature. The other boy, she knew just as well. His black hair was shoulderlength and she could see he had more muscle than James even though he was just as tall.

Sirius Black was James's best friend. No, more than that...they were like brothers. Like two parts of a whole.

Annalise had met Sirius on her thirteenth birthday. She had been really looking forward to meeting him after everything James had told her about him, and James had been very nervous to see if his favourite familymember and best friend would get along.

They did.

Annalise and Sirius instantly became close friends. She saw him as part of the family and even though Sirius flirted constantly, she knew it was just to annoy her.

Annalise quickly said goodbye to her new guardians and boarded the train. She was looking for an empty compartment but couldn't find one so she eventually knocked on the compartment door her cousin was sat in.

"For all that is holy and good- It's my one true love! Mademoiselle Annalise Bouchard, you and I have been apart for far too long. Let's run off and marry at the nearest church, my sweet."

"Good to see you too, Black." Annalise rolled her eyes.

Sirius grinned and got up to hug her. "It really has been too long, Annie."

Annalise hugged him back. "I missed you too, you little troublemaker."

"Excuse you. I'll have you know that I'm not little. I'm big." He pounded his chest.

"Well, that's something I'll have to see for myself." A new voice spoke from the dooropening. It was a beautiful girl around their age. She had waist-length blonde hair that glowed like spun gold. Her sunkissed skin was flawless and seemed to shine in the sunlight streaming through the windows. Her big, bright blue eyes were sparkling as she looked at Sirius. She was mesmerising. Her full, pink lips pulled into a seductive smile. "I'm Adeline Dumbledore." Her voice was as melodic as the sunfairies. Fairies who worship the sun and sing every dawnbreak.