Chapter 1: Grillby's

Hello! Welcome to my first story! I am aware the first chapter may not be my best, but I hope you enjoy it!

Just a quick reminder, y/n means your name. >w<

--------------

You stare at the burger in front of you, totally zoned out. It had been one month since you've spared Asgore and decided to stay with Toriel, so she wouldn't be so lonely. Quietly looking around from the stool you were sitting on, studying each monster. None of them were paying attention to you anyways. Some were eating, playing poker, even that dog playing poker against himself looked like he was having fun. Snapping back into reality, it took a moment to realize you were in Grillby's.

Pulling out the phone Toriel had given you, you checked to see what everyone was doing, and seeing if they were available. No one though. Alphys was watching Mew Mew (at least that's what her status update said), Undyne and Papyrus were doing cooking lessons together, Toriel was busy with some important work, and Sans.....who knew where the lazybones was. Since you knew where everyone was but one, you decided to call Sans, it was worth a try.

Sans.

He was something....more than something actually to you. The way his stupid puns made you laugh....how he was caring...just everything about him drove you crazy about him. You wanted to be close, but not too closetof where it'd freak him out. Dialing Sans's number, you held your breath, hoping he'd pick up...Strangely, someone else's phone was ringing near you. Turing around, you saw him, holding his phone, grinning at you.

"Hey kid." he said, taking a seat next to you, looking at Grillby. "I'll take a bottle of ketchup Grill." He looked back at you, smiling.

"S-Sans! I didn't know you'd be here today..." He always comes here, why wouldn't he?

Sans shrugged, looking at you. "Eh, I guess I was hungry. Besides, you looked bonely."

Laughing, you took another bite of your burger. It tasted like it got colder a bit. When Grillby returned with the bottle of ketchup, Sans grinned, thanking him and started drinking it. Did he even need ketchup? That question always wondered your mind.

"Why ya starin, kid?"

Blushing, you looked away quickly. "I-I'm so sorry! I-I didn't realize I wa-"

He held up his hand, silencing you. "Don't sweat it kid. It's cool. Although, I was wondering, you wanna hang?"

"Huh? Oh, s-sure. I was gonna call and ask anyways."

"I saw. guess I didn't have the guts to answer."

"Oh my god Sans." you chuckled out, covering your mouth so none of the burger you were chewing didn't spit out. "That tickled my funny bone."

He chuckled in response, finishing the bottle of ketchup. Finally, he stood up, putting his hands in his pockets. "Let's get going, okay kid?" You nod, paying Grillby and thanked him.

"Hey Grillby, put it on my tab." He smiled, then looked at you, grabbing your hand. "Let's head to my place."

The feeling of his hand in yours sent chills up your spine. "Alright, we'll have a ton of fun there. A skele-ton."

Sans smirked, slightly shaking his head. "Don't steal my puns kid."

"You could call me by my name y'know.."

He thought for a second, then nodded. "Alright then y/n. Let's go. I know a shortcut."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I do hope you enjoyed that. I know it wasn't my best, but it's only the first chapter. So I hope I get better ~(. w . ~)

- BadTimeSans