Chapter 6: A Tale of Two Humans

Sans:

It's here.

My nightmare was here.

And there was no stopping it.

Toriel layed there, telling  Y/n everything that happened. From when she  found the human, to taking care of them, to where the monstrous human stabbed her and ran off.

I tried not to lose it.

I tried to stay in control.

Not doing a good job so far.

Twitching, I did my best to crack a few jokes to Tori. To, y'know, keep her in a happy mood. 

Tori looked up, glancing at Y/n "M-My child, may I speak to Sans...alone?"

In disbelief, the kid refused. "I-I need to be here! With you!" Y/n was sobbing by this time. Toriel, smiling, waved Papyrus and the kid off. Once the door was shut, she looked at me, taking my hand. 

"Sans...," she started off. "Please don't cry."

Blushing, I wiped my tears away, trying to play it off cool. "I-I ain't cryin Tori. Nothing...nothing gets under my skin...hehe..he."

"Oh Sans," she softly smiled. How can she be smiling after she's been injured? "Please, I beg of you, take care of Y/n...and do not harm that other human as well...for my sake"

...What did she just say?

I turned to look into Toriel's eyes, narrowing my own. "What.  Did.  You.  Just.  Say?"

"Sans..."

A deep chuckle raised from me, and it wasn't a happy one.

"Tori, c'mon, you know that new human needs to go."

"They're only a child Sans!"

So, it's another kid, huh? Shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

"Tori, please-"

"I-I refuse to let you hurt them Sans!"

"Toriel, stop. You're making the pain worse. Here, I'll let Papyrus stay here to help you, and me and Y/n will find this human, alright?"

It took a moment, but she finally nodded. "Alright." I called Papyrus over and told him to take care of Toriel, telling him it's like being in the Royal Guards.

"I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHALL DO MY BEST TO TAKE CARE OF HER MAJESTY!!" he chimed, helping Tori to her chair by the fireplace. She looked up with desperate eyes.

"Sans...please promise me you won't hurt whoever this child may be...please promise me."

I didn't want to promise.

I wanted to find this sick minded human and make them have a bad time.

I smiled at Tori, nodding. "I...I promise."

I lied.

Y/n:

Sans has been acting weird lately. He always looks tired, gets freaked out when you hold anything sharp, and now his eye was glowing blue again when Toriel said another human fell down here. Well, you can't really blame him, you were freaked out yourself when you found Toriel on the ground, stabbed.

After a while, Sans came out, his eyes glued to the ground, and his smile a frown. You didn't even know it was possible for him to frown, since he always smiles. He walked up to you, still not looking.

"C'mon kid, we gotta find this other human." he grumbled, walking past you. Trailing behind, you can't help but wonder...

what could be going on in his head right now?