Chapter 9: The Beginning of the End

Sans:

I hadn't been feeling myself for the past couple days.

I was sitting in Grillby's drinking some ketchup.

I still couldn't believe it.

That brat killed Y/n, and I stood there, helpless.

I'm such an idiot.

Taking another swing at the ketchup, I looked up at Grillby, who'd been staring at me for god knows how long.

"Sorry Grill, dealing with some, uh, stuff." I grumbled, setting down the bottle. I just wanted everything back to normal.

I wanted the kid back.

I smiled to myself, remembering the first time we met. She/he shook my hand with the whoopee cushion in my palm, and they laughed.

One of the best pranks they've seen, I remember the kid telling me.

Of course, they'd continued on their journey to go home, but in the end, they decided to live here.

With us monsters.

I had to admit, I was kind of surprised, and so was everyone else. A human wanting to live with us?

Not something you hear everyday.

Though she/he spent most of their days with Toriel, the kid found time in their schedule for me.

The memories came flooding back like a wave.

Memories of us hanging out, sharing bad jokes, Papyrus yelling at our bad jokes... Then smiling unwillingly afterwards.

Asking them out, looking at the "stars"...

The dancing, the music...

The laughs and feeling we shared...

I could feel myself tremble, just thinking about them. Small bubble of tears formed in my eye-sockets.

Gazing aponTori when she was wounded, making that stupid promise I made...

Seeing Chara, Y/n trying their best to give her mercy, but she was stabbed behind her/his back...

Worst of all, I had to witness Y/n resetting.

I slammed my fist against the table, tears in my eye-sockets.

Chara is gonna fucking pay for this.

Suddenly, I felt warm hands around my shoulders, nice and comforting. I tried my best to hide my sadness from him.

"H-Hey Grill..." I choked out.

Grillby cocked his head to one side, asking what was wrong.

Laughing, I took another swing at the ketchup. "Heh, y'know what Grillby? I'd explain, but...I-I don't wanna put too much backbone into my explanation."

I faked a smile, to show him I was okay, but it wasn't very convincing. There wasn't even a point trying to pretend I was happy. When you loose someone you love, there isn't a point anymore.

What's the point of even trying, when I know she/he is gone?

I mean, yeah the kid would come back, but they wouldn't remember Tori, Papyrus, Asgore, Alphys, Undyne, and every other monster they've met.

Hell, the kid wouldn't even remember me.

Snapping back into reality, I chugged down another ketchup bottle. I could get drunk if I so wanted to, but seeing if the kid comes back up here, I need to be ready, just in case. 'There's gotta be a way.' I thought, staring at the ketchup bottle. Y/n was SUPPOSED to remember, but...a stupid flower got in my way. May sound crazy, but once you reset, you're supposed to remember what happened, and no other monster has the slightest clue on what happened. But if you die while resetting at the same time, it can make you forget on what happened. When Flowey got in the way...I don't really wanna think about it.