Chapter 7: Game Over

Sans:

"You..."

The human smiled widely, holding up a glistening knife, my pulse racing.

"Wow, you two are so pathetic." she chuckled, gently tapping the weapon against her hands. I glanced at her blade, and for a moment, it almost seemed all the innocent souls she'd killed screamed, begging for help whenever her weapon reflect in the light.

What a sicko.

Y/n trembled behind me, terrified. "S-Sans? What's going on??" they pleaded. I looked back, my eye glittering blue.

"Don't worry kid, it's just that human brat."

"I'm right here you know!"

I glanced over, narrowing my eyes. "Whatever, brat."

The girl huffed, sharpening her knife. "Y'know, I'm surprised that Y/n hasn't killed you yet Sans," she glanced up, her eyes dark. "You should be dead where you stand."

The kid looked like they were gonna loose their mind. "H-How do you know my name?"

"Oh, a little flower told me~"

A flower...

"Who the hell are you?!" I demanded, holding the kiddo back.

"Weeelll," she started off, "some call this body Frisk, but I don't go by that name. You wanna know why?" she sang in a little tune, "It's because Flowey gave me another life, another body in which my soul can live once again."

She grinned crazily. "Call me Chara."

Y/n:

Chara. Where had you heard that name before? It seemed so familiar...the name Frisk seemed to ring a bell in your head too.

But where?

Chara glanced your way, making eye contact with you. You could feel a strong power stirring in her, just by staring into her blood colored eyes.

Souls seemed to scream in agony and despair whenever you glanced into her cold eyes.

It make you uneasy. 

Then, Chara chuckled lightly, and it didn't seem like a happy laugh.

"Oh Y/n...," she snickered, "Why are you so nice to these monsters?"

"W-What?"

She glared unhappily. "Why aren't you murdering these pathetic creatures?? Don't you know our history with them?? What they did to our kind??"

You could hardly believe what this child was saying. It was unbelievable! The only reason you came down here in the first place was to learn about the monsters down here, and proving they were good creatures. Well...you actually fell down here on accident, but still. 

Someone needs to teach this girl a lesson.

Stepping out behind Sans, you felt confident to take on this kid. She only laughed.

"Oooh, feeling brave now, are we?" she teased, holding up her weapon. Sans looked nervous, his normal smile molding into a frightening frown.

"Face it Y/n, you know you can't beat me. With that big heart of yours, you could NEVER take a life." Chara laughed insanely. 

Sans grabbed your hand, his skull sweaty and his whole body trembling.

"K-Kid, don't do this." he pleased, desperation in his blue eye. You only smile.

"Someone has to Sans. If I die, remember me, alright?"

His face went into shock as he gripped your hand tighter. "I-I can't! You'll reset! I-I can't bear to see you in pain Y/n!!"