Chapter 4: A...date?

Sans:

"Sleep well y/n..."

I yawned myself, exhausted. It'd been a long day for the both of us, and we needed sleep. Pulling y/n close, I stared at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep, not for a second.

Not after those night terrors. 

The thing is, they keep accuring. Over, and over, and over, every time I sleep, or try to sleep, even for the littlest time.The dreams are always about a small human falling down into the underground, murdering everything in their path. I've seen it multiple times. Them murdering my friends...my brother...everyone I've known and cared for. It terrifies me that one day a human will fall down here, and do exactly. But so far, Y/n's the only human who's taken a fall, and they haven't hurt a single thing down in the undergrounds. It couldn't be them...the monster from my dreams.

...Could it?

I tried shaking the idea out of my skull. 'Nah, the kid would never hurt anything. Not even a single fly.' I mumbled to myself, looking down at their sleeping body. The kiddo looked peaceful.

Very...peaceful...

Slam!

I jumped in surprise, clutching onto y/n.

"HELLO BROTHER! I HAVE RETURNED!" the voice chimed loudly. I softly sigh with relief. It was just my brother

"P-Papyrus!," I grinned. "How was training with Undyne?"

Papyrus smiled happily, walking over to the couch, where me and the kiddo were asleep...well, mostly Y/n was alseep. "IT WAS FANTASTIC! WE MADE SOME SPAGHETTI! WE ALSO-," He paused, looking down at Y/n. Then back to me. Then to Y/n. Then to me. You get the idea.

"SANS...," he stated, "WHAT IS THE HUMAN DOING?"

"Sleepin bro."

"YES, BUT..."

I raised an eye socket at Papyrus, grinning. "Sounds like you had a nice day bro. Oh, by the way, I ate some spaghetti you made. Better than the last one you made."

His face lit up like a Christmas tree. "YOU DID?! THIS IS A HAPPY DAY!"

"You know it bro. I'd never fogethetti your spaghetti."

"I CHANGE MY MIND. THIS IS A TROUBLING DAY."

Y/n shifted in my lap, and I looked down. Out of the blue, I suddenly started petting the kiddo's hair. Something inside me said, 'Just do it.'

God the kid was just so cute when they slepted. I just wanted to protect them forever.

From whoever this murderous human may be when they fall down, I wanna be the one to protect the kid.

No matter the cost.

Y/n:

You'd just woken up, feeling the warmth of Sans's jacket around you, and a hand slowly petting your hair. Looking up slightly, you saw a glance of the skeleton, who quickly put his hand away and looked  another direction.

"Sup kid?" He mumbled, acting like he didn't do anything at all. You raise an eyebrow.

"Were you...petting my hair?" you questioned, sitting up from his lap. A dust of blue spread across the punny skeleton's face.

"Can't recall kid. Maybe it was a bug or something."

"A bug Sans?"

"Might've been a very big bug."

Shrugging, you decided to check your phone. Almost noon. You should really be heading back by now.

"Hey Sans?"

"What's up kiddo?"

You looked up with your e/c eyes, holding up your phone. "I should be going now. It's almost noon, and Toriel might need me.

Sans, who now had a little sadness in his eyes, smiled. "Oh, okay kiddo."

Feeling guilt, you spoke up. "I-I could stay if yo-"

He held up a hand, silencing you. "Hey, don't sweat it kid. Besides, you do need to get home. Toriel called Papyrus, asking for you back."

"S-She did?"

Sans nodded, grinning , like he just told a bad pun to himself...which he probably did.

"Yeah, she did. Besides, I'm busy today."

"With what?"

The skeleton snickered. "Well, I gotta decorate our roof with shin-gles today."

From upstairs, you heard the taller skeleton scream with frustration.

"SAAAAAAAANS!"

The both of you crackled laughter loudly.

"Nah, but really kid, you should get going."

You nodded, standing up with Sans's jacket. Realizing, you took it off and gave it to him.

"Here you go. S-Sorry about using it last night. It did get pretty chilly."

Sans softly grinned. "Chilled to the bones?"

"Oh my god Sans." you giggled, setting the coat down. The skeleton picked it up, but instead of putting it on, he placed you inside it instead. A shade of red ran across your face.

"S-Sans?"

"Hmm?"

"D-Don't you need this?"

"Yeah, I do need it...That's why you'll return it to me later this evening."

This evening? You two weren't doing anything this evening. Unless...the small skeleton looked up, grinning.

"We're going on a date tonight."

"Uh...what?"

"You heard me kiddo. You, me, and Grilliby's. Be there by...let's say 7."

"B-but-"

"See ya then kid." 

"S-Sans! Wait!"

The skeleton looked at you face, starting for a little, before he grinned and winked, teleporting to who knows where. You just stood there, speechless.

You were going on a date with Sans. 

------------------------------------------------------

Gah! Almost 100 views! Thank you so much for reading my story! Even though it isn't that well thank you!

-BadTimeSans