Chapter 3: Staying the Night

Ding! A new message!

You looked down at your pockets, fumbling for the phone in your pocket. 

Message from: Toriel

T: Hello my child. I noticed it was getting late, and I was curious: when will you be returning hume?

Hume? Ding! Your phone chimed again.

T: Oops! I mean home. How silly of me.

Softly chuckling, you looked at the time, realizing it was almost dark. How long have you and the skeleton been hanging out? About to turn around and ask Sans how long it had been, it seemed the skeleton was already asleep. He looked a little bit cute when he was asleep...wait, what are you thinking?! He's just your friend! Nothing special! Mumbling a sigh, you stand up and brushed off your pants. And after just taking one step forward, a tight grasp formed on your wrist. Slowly looking back, you saw Sans, holding your wrist, still asleep...was he asleep? It's hard to tell sometimes with this guy.

"Don't go y/n..." he muttered under his breath, but loud enough for you to hear.

"S-Sans...Toriel wants me to go back home, I gotta go..."

The grip became tighter. Was he just dreaming? Please let Sans be dreaming.

"Y/n..."

"Y-yes Sans?"

"Please stay..."

You raised an eyebrow. "Sans, y-you are dreaming...right?"

That's when it was pretty obvious he wasn't sleeping. His eyes shot open quickly, his smile growing wide. "You tell me kid."

You could feel your cheeks flush over with a light red. "S-Sans, Toriel wants me to go back..."

The skeleton sat up, not letting go of your wrist, which was strangely giving you butterflies in your stomach.

"Just ask her to stay the night then."

"But-"

Sans pulled you close, almost forehead to forehead. He smirked. "I don't wanna be abone tonight." You couldn't resist laughing to the stupid pun.

"W-well, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask." you admitted, trying to open the phone with one hand. The skeleton just sat there, staring at you. A heavy blush washed over you.

"Sans?"

"Yeah kiddo?"

Raising your wrist, you crack a smile. "Care letting go while I ask Toriel?" A light blue blush washed over his face, as he quickly let go of your wrist. Is it even possible for him to blush? Shrugging it off, you started typing.

Me: Hey Toriel. I was wondering- well, mostly Sans, if I could stay over for the night at his place?

As you waited, Sans stood up, looking at your eyes. "I'll be right back." he blurted as he walked upstairs to his room. 

Another ding!

T: Sans was wondering?

You type back

Me: Yeah, he didn't want me to go, but rather stay the night. You cool with that?

T: Hmm..well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt for one day. Be safe my child

Me: I promise :)

T: I'll see you tomorrow my child. Have a lovely night.

You shoved the phone back into your pocket, finally being able to sit on the couch. Suddenly, your phone rang again. 

"Seriously?" You grumbled, pulling it out and answered it. "Hello?" 

"HELLO THERE HUMAN! IT IS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS!" The voice shouted on the other end.

"Oh, hey Papyrus. What can I-"

"I HAVE COME TO INFORM YOU THAT I NEED YOU TO TELL MY BROTHER, A MESSAGE FROM ME!" Papyrus annocended. It sounded like Undyne and Alphys were in the background.

"A-alright. What do you need m-"

"I NEED YOU TO TELL HIM THAT I WILL NOT RETURN HOME UNTIL LATER, AND THAT IF HE'S HUNGRY, HE CAN EAT SOME SPAGHETTI I LEFT FOR HIM!"

"O-okay, I'll let him kn-"

"THANK YOU HUMAN! I SHALL SEE HIM LATER! TOODLES!!" A click was heard after 'Toodles'. 

"Was that Papyrus?" a voice came from behind. You turned around, seeing Sans holding a blanket and pillows. You nod, putting the phone back in your pocket.

"He said he'll be late home tonight." you explained, sitting down on the couch, stretching your arms. The skeleton strolled over, throwing the pillow at your face, chuckling.

"H-Hey! Watch the face!" You giggled, putting it next to you.

"Sorry kiddo," Sans smirked, "just like my ex, my aim is getting better."

"More like worse." You stuck out your tongue in a playful manner. Sans sat next to you, handing you his jacket. 

"Here, it gets chilly at nights."

"Don't you need it though?"

"Nah. Besides, the cold doesn't get under my skin."

You both laughed as the room became darker, and your eyes kept getting heavier and heavier by the second. Before you realized it, you were curled up on Sans's lap, dozing off. The last words you heard before you fell asleep made you smile a bit.

"Sleep well y/n..." 

------------------------------------------------

I hope this was a good chapter. Kinda rushed it o3o

Next chapter up soon!

-BadTimeSans