We Don't Get to Choose

The guards dragged Ash back to his cell where he curled up on the floor and cried. He was done. He didn't want to fight anymore.

"Ash?"

He looked up at the voice.

"What do you want?"

"I want to help you."

"That's what you said when I met you, but where were you when she was beating me, Cameron?"

"I was here. Ash, you were born into this life, just like the rest of us, we have to live with it. And if we do, we don't get hurts."

"How can I obey them? They killed my mother!"

"Mary didn't."

Ash went silent, we knew that none of his masters had anything to do with his mother, but that always seemed to be his drive.

"I know, but she's changed so much."

"Your mother wouldn't want to see you this way."

"I didn't want to see her the way she died either, we don't get to choose."

"You can."

Ash looked at the ground, recognizing that Cameron was right.

Meriddion went to Cece's room frustrated. and angry. She walked into the room to find Cece beating a boy about their own age. Meriddion paid no attention to the action that would've once infuriated her and sat on Cece's couch and began playing on her phone. Cece was finished in a moment and stood up, feeling refreshed. She threw the whip at the boy.

"We're finished."

"Thank you mistress."

He said pushing himself off the ground. Meriddion lost sight of what he was doing as Cecelia sat in front of her.

"How was he?"

"Defiant as ever. My father knew he was this way, I don't know why he would give me the boy."

"You can have fun with him, Mary. I do have fun with my Lionel. Do watch. Boy!"

"Mistress?" The boy asked from where he had gone to stand against the wall.

Cece snapped her fingers and pointed to the ground in front of her.

Once he had knelt there she sunk into his lap, holding her arms around his neck and resting her head on his chest. He remained completely still, he had learned in the past not to react to these kind of situations.

"You really are the perfect slave you know."

He swallowed, hoping this was a proper time to reply.

"I could only hope to do so for my mistress, she deserves more."

"Oh but you really are wonderful."

She said turning and running her hands through his hair. He looked silently into her seductive, deep eyes. She leaned forward her lips brushing his. He leaned forward slightly, hitting her cheek with his lips. She smacked him across the face and pushed herself back up onto the couch, laughing.

Meriddion looked down at the boy, whose head was dropped forlornly against his chest.

"How did you get him so well trained?"

"He was rather well trained when father purchased him, but he learned his place rather quickly. Perhaps he could help teach your boy a lesson."

"Perhaps, send him down."