prologue

epistolary novel: a novel written through the form of letters or text messaging.

~

"You must like that backspace so bad, Taehyung. You kept on typing messages but delete them immediately afterwards. Does that describe you? Do you usually do something and then regret it enough to take it back?

— hahaha.. im just messing with you lol, im not actually serious"

"Soojung-ah, can you tell me what's his number?" Miyun asked as she pointed at the boy wearing the typical depressing hoodie every single day from afar.

Soojung furrowed her eyebrows and gasped a little. "Are you pointing at the Kim Taehyung? I really hope you're pointing at someone else."

A smile formed across Miyun's lips and then she laughed. "Of course I'm pointing at Kim Taehyung, idiot. You have everyone's numbers in our year right? Give me his."

Soojung sighed and looked at her seriously before giving her Taehyung's number. "You're going to regret it, Miyun. I suggest you to not even try talking to him. He hates everyone and life itself. I found it difficult getting his number even though it was for school purposes."

Miyun's smile grew wider and laughed. "I'm not going to regret it, Soojung. Just give me his number."

Soojung hesitantly gave Miyun his number, a smile then forming in her lips.

Kim Taehyung, she thought, it's time to know more about you and what's under that lonely facade of yours.

---