forty

part 2 of thirty nine.

March 4, 2016 — 12:03 am

Third Person's POV

Miyun rushed out of her house wearing a thick coat because of the cold immediately ceased to look around, finding where Taehyung is. Panic rose in her chest. The place where she saw him a second before was completely empty.

Taehyung was here earlier, and he's now nowhere to be found.

She didn't want to shout his name out in case it might be pointless and embarrassing. She then thought it was kind of stupid of her to think like that because duh— she's Miyun, so she immediately didn't hesitate to shout.

"TAEMIN WHERE ARE YOU??" She shouted and laughed hysterically to herself after that. She then thought, 'How about about if Shinee's Taemin really come out of nowhere?'

When she saw Taehyung walking slowly somewhere near a park, she didn't hesitate to run to him and wrap her hands around him. She was so happy. Something might've went wrong.

"You don't know how glad I am, really. There's so many things I want you to talk about." Miyun started.

Taehyung hugged her tighter.

"Okay." Taehyung said with a smile. Miyun's eyes widened at his sudden approval and immediately diverted her gaze at him.

She couldn't believe it, she couldn't believe the smile on his face... even if his face was so messed up. She couldn't believe it that she wouldn't stop blinking.

"Look, Miyun. I'm sorry for everything. You.. really never stop trying to listen to me about my problems. It was my fault of not being grateful that there's someone there for me." He said.

Miyun felt her heart race harder.

"Stop that Taehyung, you're making me flustered.. again." Miyun honestly said and slowly released herself from him.

"You know, I tried escaping from home once. And I thought it would do me good, but that just shows me how cowardly I am. Being a coward doesn't bring me anywhere."

Miyun was so happy hearing these coming from Taehyung.

"My mum asked me who changed me into someone better, and I told her it was you. She loved what you've done. She apologized and I forgave her because she's my only family now. Thanks alot. As for my dad, I don't know where he is yet but I already forgave him too. You're just too special to me, Miyun." Taehyung said.

Miyun remained speechless. Her heart was still racing. It never did before.

"Y.. you are to me too, Taetae. I can believe that you talked to your parents! Are.. you all fine now?" Miyun stammered.

"Yes." Taehyung simply answered.

That simple, one word answer already brought Miyun into tears in a split second. Realizing that she was getting too emotional, she quickly stepped back. "I'm sorry, Taehyung.. I just..."

Tears were running down Miyun's cheek very fast. One by one they travelled down their cheek at a high speed. She quickly wiped the tears. Taehyung grinned and lifted her chin, helping her wipe the tears.

"Don't cry like things aren't fine to me anymore.. besides you're an ugly crier." He said. Miyun pushed his hands away and gave him a joking-mad look and slightly chuckled.

"But hey, thanks for taking me seriously.." Taehyung thanked and ruffled Miyun's hair.

"No problem, I do that just for you." Miyun said with a failed wink that was done on purpose. "What else happened after your talk with your parents?" She then asked.

"I don't know, actually. I hope they know what they've done wrong." Taehyung asked.

Miyun looked at the ground. "I'm happy Taehyung, that you actually got to open up to me. I'm really sorry if you feel imposed because of me, but thank you so much. Still, if you have a problem, you should start helping yourself first. You shouldn't be hurting yourself all these while. You're going to make me goddamn worried as hell." She lengthily explained.

"Yes, but you need to tell me about your problems too, Miyun.." He said.

Awkward silence wrapped the two of them. "It's okay. I will, soon enough.. Oh by the way, Taehyung, do you know that I predict the future?" Miyun suddenly asked.

"Oh, really?" Taehyung said, unamused and rolled his eyes, followed by a chuckle.

"Yes. I know it's going to rain today.. like at this moment." I said, turnig my head up to look at the sky.

"Keep lying," Taehyung laughed. "That won't happen."

Miyun scoffed. "I remember in typical fanfictions, the two people always kiss in the rain. It's not even romantic. When you try to kiss your partner, you will end up kissing the dirty rain and that's not very hygienic." She ranted.

Taehyung flicked her head. "Where the hell did that come from?"

"From the back of my head, duh." Miyun said in an obvious to e. She suddenly felt a raindrop on top of her head, then on her hand, then on her face.

"TAEHYUNG! I predicted it right! I'M RIGHT! It's raining~ It's raining~~" She sang and spun in circles quickly, her arms stretched out on both sides of her body.

When she finally got dizzy, she immediately bumped into Taehyung who held her arm.

"Don't get too excited, it's only rain. Rain is common in winter, and besides it didn't rain right after you said your prediction." Taehyung explained.

Miyun pouted. "Whatever, Tae. I'm going home now alright, I'll go back to reading fan fictions wherein people always kiss in the rain." She mentioned, not trying to hint something but Taehyung thought that she was.

Taehyung laughed. "Oh, so are you just asking me for a kiss?"

Miyun's eyes bulged out of their sockets. "Um uh, maybe." She said and laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Don't. look. at. me. like. that. weirdo." She said, pausing in every word she says.

"Oh come on, people still read them no wonder how overused ideas are." Taehyung said. Miyun turned her head and shook her head.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Miyun asked.

Taehyung shrugged and slowly lifted Miyun's chin with his right hand. His eyes dropped form his eyes to Miyun's lips. Miyun could just stare, she didn't want to expect anything to happen next. He kissed her lips softly and Miyun was left extremely overwhelmed, her eyes closed as she kissed him back.

And after they pulled away from each other, Miyun talked. "Look how cheesy this is, Taehyung, the raindrops fell as fast as I fell for you. But I highly recommend you to kiss me after the rain stops next time."

Taehyung just flicked her forehead. "Shut up, I'll kiss you anytime I want."

IT DOESN'T END JUST LIKE THAT OKAY

Do I release the epilogue on Taehyung's birthday or— meh I don't think I can't handle not releasing the epilogue that long. I'm thinking of a sequel but I had no ideas omg. Don't worry I'll make an announcement about it 😂