fifteen

part 2 of fourteen

December 21, 2015

Author's POV

Miyun couldn't stop staring at Taehyung's hands around her waist as he tried maintaining their balance.

Taehyung was so close that Miyun can feel his hot breath brush her face. The intimate closeness is not doing justice to her as her heart was thumping so fast that it might break out of her ribcage. Miyun just bit her lip.

"When do we even stop being in this position?" Taehyung asked, obviously annoyed.

"I seriously don't know, why don't you ask them? The thing is we're just getting closer and closer, Taehyung." Miyun laughed to get rid of the tension. Her irregular heartbeat was becoming more and more obvious that she wanted to step back immediately, but she wanted to win the game.

Win the game with Taehyung.

"This sucks. Christmas party games suck so much." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

The newspaper game was an old game, but it seemed like it never failed making some romantic matches. The newspaper just gets folded and folded, and they needed to stand on that newspaper without falling outside of it. It was 10:00 pm in the evening and everybody seemed to be still as enthusiastic as they were four hours ago.

Miyun loved that evening so much, especially that Taehyung came. Taehyung doesn't seem like he liked it as much as she does, but it didn't bother Miyun much. She just thought about how happy and contented she was with how much fun she's having.

The next time the newspaper was asked to be folded, the two couldn't figure out how not to fall. Taehyung was pissed off about the game and became even more pissed off finding out Miyun liked it. But knowing that she does, he would just go with the flow.

The next unexpected thing happened— Miyun jumped on his back this time. It was like a piggyback ride, but the thing is that the person carrying the other person wasn't in favour of doing so.

Taehyung became fully pissed this time. But he didn't want to shrug Miyun off him, fall into the ground and get injured— he will get all the blame.

Nothing new, though. He always gets the blame.. from himself. He blames himself for everything.

The host of the game just stared at them, impressed at what they're suddenly able to do in just about ten seconds. But after that, they were out of the game just because of the two not being able to maintain their balance.

Miyun fell over on the ground at her back.. with Taehyung of course.

Miyun was in extreme pain but she laughed it off hysterically after that. Taehyung stayed mad and quickly stood up. He pulled her up and dragged her out of the exit with him. Miyun was flabbergasted but she can't stop laughing and blurting everything that happened in repeat.

"This is too hilarious," Miyun commented, holding her stomach in laughter. "I was so freaking stupid and that hurts a lot."

Taehyung scoffed. "Of course you are! You didn't really think well and jumped on my back like that, do you really think we won't fall? You fell on your back and you almost got injured!" He scolded.

Miyun was aghast at the suddenly tone of Taehyung's voice.. mostly, Taehyung's voice even by itself. It was pretty freaking scary.

Taehyung was a boy of a few words, he never talked much in real life since all he did was push people out of his way. She knew that he would be this mad, but she never imagined it happening.

But of course, Miyun took it very lightly. "Come on Taeeeeehyuuungg~ You're not my dad alright? And besides.. don't take a game seriously." She said informally.

"Why wouldn't I take it seriously when we both fell over and it hurts so much?" Taehyung said and rolled his eyes for like the sixth time of today.

"It's alright.. it's fun." Miyun said with an assuring smile and patted his back playfully. Taehyung stared at her for a moment and heaved a sigh of disappointment. He shrugged her hand away from him.

"If this is what fun is— masochism, then I quit." Taehyung sternly said and unhesitantly walked away.

"Wait, you're leaving now? It's too early." Miyun asked with a pout Taehyung didn't seem because his back as facing.

"I don't care. This Christmas party is full of crap." He said in an insolent tone; but as always, Miyun didn't mind at all. She found it interesting and cute when Taehyung is being himself.

Miyun laughed again. "Idiot, Taetae! Then why did you come when you clearly know Christmas parties go like this?"

Taehyung stopped his snobbish walking for a moment and immediately shrugged. "It's because you were going, and you wanted me to, so I did since I didn't want to disappoint you."

Miyun was caught in a trance for a moment, then Taehyung immediately disappeared. She smiled to herself, and walked back to the venue. She never stopped smiling for the rest of that night, just because of that party pooper that she just started talking to for the past two weeks.

A/N: Ok that's all for two days, thanks for the 400 reads and 200 votes in one day 😂😂 This book won't be updating tomorrow I need a break lol bye