Chapter Three: Strange

Strange
Dan;

"Ah, you must be Dan! Are you feeling better?" My English Language teacher, Steve,  asked me as soon as I stepped foot into the class room. He was obviously referring to the accident that had occurred a few months back. I nodded reluctantly, I was feeling better but now that I was back I wished I was back at home. It wasn't that I was happy to be back in college, don't get me wrong, it was just I had become so accustomed to spending my time curled up in bed with my laptop.

"Good, well we are just starting a new section of the course so don't worry too much. I'll catch you up on the rest of it later, just take a seat." Steve smiled at me, I nodded again.

Turning around I scanned the room to see where I should sit and I noticed a familiar, friendly looking raven haired boy who peaked my interest and I quickly found my feet moving towards the vacant seat next to him before my brain could process it all. The boy seemed coy, his shoulders were slouched and he was doodling on his notebook. Swiftly sitting down, I shot a small smile to boy, hoping that this could be the first friend I would make in this college. Apart from Louise of course.

"Hi... I'm Dan, what's your name?"

The boy looked up, as if surprised by my attempt of befriending him. "Phil. My name is Phil."

Phil.

Could it be the Phil?

I looked down at my wrist and pulled the sleeve of my jumper further up, suddenly feeling self conscious. It was ridiculous but right now I didn't know what to believe. I was so drawn to him and he seemed so familiar to me: his face, his eyes, his voice, the way he pronounced his name, how each syllable rolled off of his tongue. I was captivated by him and strange as it may seem, to me it didn't seem strange at all.