Chapter Seven: The Hill

Dan:

The sound of rushing water from the stream outside was the first thing that I heard when I woke up. Oh and Phil swearing. Well Phil's idea of swearing.

I laughed, pushing the covers back and getting out of bed. I walked out into the hallway and into the kitchen where Phil was picking up broken pieces of a bowl. This was a usual occurrence for Phil so seeing this was no surprise. I helped him pick up the remaining pieces, looking around to make sure there wasn't any more broken pieces left.

"Good morning." He said. "I was trying to make you breakfast in bed but then this happened."

I laughed. "It's the thought that counts babe."

***

Placing the ear buds in my ears I drowned out the irrelevant noise from irrelevant people that surrounded me. I stood outside Phil's class, waiting for him, feeling slightly awkward under people's stares.

"Hey... You ready?" Phil asked and I nodded, taking out my earphones.

Me and him were going to the hill where we lay that time watching the stars. I was going to tell him about how I feel, about him; about us.

Well if I could pluck up enough courage, that is.

At first we walked in silence and I was grateful. It gave me time to think. However, the more I thought the more I was finding ways to back out of admitting my feelings to Phil.

I've done it before so I can do it again... Right?

"Phil, can I tell you something?" I asked him, once we had sat down on the grass. Phil had sat down on his jacket because he didn't want to get his bum wet from the slightly damp grass. I chuckled at this. "But promise you won't hate me or interrupt."

Phil looked apprehensive but nodded anyway.

I played with the grass, biting my lip as I thought how to tell him.

"I-I like you."

"I like you too, Dan."

"No. No, no." I shook my head. "You don't understand. I like you as in more of a friend. I want to be with you Phil, I want to hold your hand. I want to kiss you and most of all I want to fall in love with you." Again.

Phil looked shocked. "I want to be your soulmate because I am your soulmate, I know it. The old you knows it too."

"Dan, you're confusing me."

"I know this may sound strange but there's no other way to go about it." I sighed and rolled up my sleeve to show him his name.

"I don't understand..." He looked from his name on my wrist to Ryan's name on his wrist. "It can't be..."

Leaning in, I pressed my lips to his. Carefully, I placed my hand on his cheek, as if he was made of bone china and would shatter if any amount of pressure would break him. I softly bit Phil's lip, something that used to drive him crazy, to try and get a reaction out of him. It worked.

Phil wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back. The kiss was short but it was filled with passion. When we pulled away, I leaned my forehead against his, both of us breathless.

"I have to go." Phil had said.

"Please don't go."

"I'm sorry. I'll ring you, okay?" He then pecked my lips and left me all alone on the hill.

X

The italics at the top is Dan's dreams of the cabin btw.

Also I haven't mentioned Chris and there's a reason for that ;)

How's everyone doing?