Chapter Four; Coincidence

I know I said I was going to re-write it but I have read over it and it's not as bad as I thought so I am going to leave it as it is. anyways, onwards with the chapter.

Phil:

It was Saturday and I was bored. Ryan was busy, Liam was at the Zoo with his parents and I was stuck home alone. Usually I would jump at the chance to be home alone and do nothing all day but this weekend I decided that enough was enough. I needed to start acting like a real teenager and go out and do teenage things. It's not healthy spending my time cooped up in my room avoiding responsibilities and all social interaction, one day I will regret it. 

So that is how I found myself at Dan's house, in his bedroom, sitting in his bedroom whilst we sat in silence. 

At least I was out of my bedroom. 

"Hey, Phil?" I hummed in response, turning to look at him. Dan looked nervous, like there was a war going on inside his mind and he was debating the best way to address it. "Can I ask you something? Or tell you something rather?" 

"Sure... We are friends and friends tell each other stuff, right?" 

"Right..." Although he didn't seem to sure about that. Dan bit his lip, something he did often when he was thinking. This was something had noticed in the last few days I have known him. "Well I just feel... lost. Like there's something that's not right, like there's something missing."

"A few months ago I was in a car crash, hence why I have turned up so late to college. Thankfully the damage wasn't too bad, just a few minor scrapes but I feel as though there's something that people are hiding from me. Like wouldn't I remember being in a car accident? I am just so confused, Phil. Nothing feels right anymore." I frowned, resting a reassuring hand on his knee. "Hell, not even my soulmate feels right. Is that normal?"

Dan laughed, completely humourlessly. You could see how much this had been getting him down. Dan rambled on about his troubles but all I could focus on is him saying how his soulmate didn't feel right. I felt the exact same. 

Surely that was a coincidence, right?

"But the oddest thing about it all is that when I am with you, everything feels right."

That caught my attention. I looked at him to see he was looking right back at me. He was breathing heavy, he had got himself worked up and know his breathing was catching up with him. 

"Do you get what I mean?" I nodded.

I knew perfectly what he meant.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. But right now I am glad I had finally found someone to make everything okay again. 

X

I rushed this but I am quite happy with it. Finally things are going in the direction in which I want them to go in. 

I am not sure when my next update will be as I have to revise for my english lit and english language exam as well as read wuthering heights and take portraiture for photography and also have a social life. which I don't have much of anyone lmao. But I will try and squeeze one or two in before I go back to college. 

For those who celebrate Christmas what are your plans?

I am going to open presents, have breakfast and then go back to bed for an hour or two and then I am going to my aunt's for christmas dinner.