Chapter Seventeen

so i am currently sat outside in my garden writing this because it is thirty degrees in the uk atm, also, I am sad because this will be ending soon :(

Phil:

***

I had never found the big deal about love. Yes, I always wanted to fall in love and be with my soulmate but with me being such a weird child (which my parents jokingly confirmed) I never thought that it would ever happen. 

So to know that I had two people in love with me, I didn't know what to do. 

It's not like I didn't love Ryan. I did. Me and him had the bond of soulmates, albeit it being incorrect. I knew that Dan was my true soulmate and he is my first love. The guilt was eating me alive, I was hurting them both by stringing them along and I never wanted to be that person. 

I had avoided the both of them the best I can but when you live in a small neighbourhood that isn't easy. 

Then Chris' words echoed around in my head. 

I knew that in the end that his advice is what I would have to go for but I just really really didn't want to. The heartbreak I would cause is not something I'm willing to think about but I guess it's worth it for Dan's happiness. 

This had always been for Dan's happiness, of course mine too but mainly his because I cared about him most and I never wanted to see him upset as long as I lived. 

So I got a piece of paper out of my drawer and I started to write. 

Chris was right, there was no other way to go about this.

Dan,