3. Different Directions

'Isabella' and Aaron stayed in the bar for hours just talking and laughing with each other. It was so different for Natalia. She honestly couldn't remember the last time she had a proper conversation with anyone.

It was nice.

Over the time they had talked to each other they had become more comfortable with each other and, in a way, trusted each other even though they had only just met.

Natalia never trusted anyone.

It felt like they had made a connection because it seemed like they were both similar, but of course Natalia knew that was impossible.

It was half past midnight when they were finally kicked out the bar.

The pair both walked out together and continued talking as they made their way to the end of the road.

"Well, I'm this way", Aaron pointed in one direction.

Natalia smiled.

"And I'm this way", she pointed in the opposite direction.

They both stood in silence for a few seconds, just looking at each other.

"Will I see you again?" Aaron asked.

Natalia's heart sunk slightly.

She knew she couldn't risk seeing someone twice, getting close to then.

It was dangerous.

"Maybe", she told him.

Aaron nodded. They gazed into one another's eyes once again.

Aaron chuckled before carefully leaning forward to place a soft kiss on her left cheek. Natalia closed her eyes briefly to savour the few seconds of affection, the first affection she had received in years.

As Aaron pulled away they smiled one last time as they said their final fair wells.

"I'll see you around Isabella", Aaron said softly.

"I'll see you around", Natalia repeated.

Aaron turned and began walking away from Natalia.

She watched for a few seconds before turning away herself and making her way home.

Once she was positive she was out of sight she slowly raised her hand and felt the mark on her cheek when his lips had been a few moments before.

It hurt that she couldn't see him again.