55. Interest

Natasha had spent the day working at shield headquarters and had returned to Avengers Tower a little after six in the evening.

As she walked into the lounge space, she smiled when she found Clint and Tony attempting to teach Steve and Bucky how to play Mariokart.

When James saw her standing at the edge of the room he smiled at her.

She returned the gesture before going to get a shower and change her clothes.
.
.
.
.
When Natasha later returned to the lounge, she was confused to see that James was no longer with the other avengers.

She began walking to the kitchen to try and find him.

However, when Natasha felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind, she smiled before leaning into the touch.

"Hi", James said softly against her neck.

Natasha turned in his arms so she was now facing him.

"Hi", she smiled, wrapping her own arms behind his neck.

James looked at her and smiled for a few seconds before leaning forward to kiss Natasha.

The kiss started off as being quiet innocent but when James skilfully deepened the kiss, Natasha couldn't help but melt into him.

She was glad they were out of sight from the other Avengers who were all still sat in the other room.

Natasha couldn't bring herself to break the kiss until James began planting a gentle trail of kisses along her jaw.

"James", she said quietly to gain his attention.

He removed his lips from her soft skin and looked her in the eye, smiling.

"Yes", he grinned before placing another chase kiss on Natasha's lips.

"Where's all this coming from?" She asked referring to his unusual display of affection.

James placed yet another chase kiss, this time on Natasha's cheek before talking softly into Natasha's ear.

"Come upstairs", he said suggestively.

Natasha looked at him and frowned in confusion.

It was unusual for James to be so forward...not that she was complaining.

However, since James had returned, they pair of them hadn't done anything more than just kissing.

Sure, they shared a bed now, but they hadn't had sex.

They were waiting for James to feel comfortable, but Natasha couldn't work out James's sudden interest.

"Why?" She asked suspiciously.

James smirked.

"I just wanna talk to you", he grinned before linking his fingers with her own.

"Sure", Natasha said knowingly as she let James lead the way.