Author's Note

You guys.

You helped me so much.

Thank you for reading and voting and commenting. I am so grateful for the support and guidance of the Wattpad community. So, so grateful. I seriously could write an individual thank you to each one of you.

Again, this is a first draft and most chapters were written and posted same hour. So I'll go back through and edit eventually.

I need to give a special shout out to my friend @maxinedonner. We met a week after I put "The Sun and the Moon" up, when she "went medieval" on my Chapter One, adding commas like I needed them. I guess I did. Since then we've become besties, and she was always available for me to bounce plot ideas off of (like, "I think I need to get Lucy pregnant" or "I want to get all of the characters in one room, I miss them, is that cheesy?") So thank you dearie.

Special thanks to a good friend, the guy behind the "Things My Dick Does" blog on Tumblr, which is MOSDEF NSFW and should not be looked at if you are under eighteen. I asked him what sexual position Jake and Lucy should have for the "Connections" chapter and that's all from him. So thanks, Little Dude.

Lucy and Jake's vows were pretty much wholesale adopted from the Mariposa County court's vows. I wanted them to be "official" but also meaningful.

I repeatedly listen to the same song when I write. For this book, it was "Break Bones" by Wild Child, link above. While it is a breakup song, the emotions and the music inspired me for this story.

The last names of the characters, Slausen and Figueroa, are streets in Los Angeles.

I think that I want to write more books in this series. I had planned on writing one about Hugo, Amelia's friend in The Sun and the Moon, and I may still do that even though I'm imagining that it may be ... different. I'm also intrigued by Jake's siblings, Shawn and Veronika, and the new attorney hired to help Amelia. So, who knows?

Next up, I'm going to put up my paranormal romance story about the surfer and the anime girl. I keep changing the title. I think I'll call it "Tad," the name of the dude. So more to come soon.

Love,

Leslie